God of War III Demo Bundled With District 9 Blu-Ray

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
God of War III Demo Bundled With District 9 Blu-Ray

In case you're not planning on picking up the God of War: Collection in November (and you're in the US), you'll have a second shot at the God of War III demo when Peter Jackson's District 9 comes out on Blu-Ray.

Gamers in North America will be able to get their first taste of the eagerly awaited God of War III when the HD-remastered God of War: Collection hits shelves on November 17th, but if (for whatever reason) you're dying to test out GoW3 but aren't planning on getting Collection, you've got another option ... you're just going to have to wait a while: The demo will also be included on the disc in the Blu-Ray release of this year's acclaimed District 9, reports CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226318?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS].

Given that District 9 will be released on December 29th, more than a month after God of War: Collection, this seems rather odd to me. I can't get my head around the logic of it, to be honest. If you're the type who's drooling over GoW3, you're almost certainly going to want to get the demo as soon as possible, and owning the first two games in HD will be nice as well - you're almost certainly going to get Collection. And given the success of District 9 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/876-District-9], it's not like the movie needs the extra help to move copies.

The only thing I can think about is that this would be a way to get people who would have otherwise passed up GoW3 to maybe give it a shot when they buy the movie: "Oh hey, there's a game on here, too? I might as well play it!" But the problem with that is that it assumes that the person is watching it on their PS3, and given the relative cheapness of standalone Blu-Ray players these days, that's hardly a guarantee you can make.

I don't get it, really. Perhaps our own wilsonscrazybed said it best: "Because when I think of allegories for apartheid, I think of [expletive deleted] God of War."

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008

STOP MAKING IT SO DAMN ENTICING TO GET A PS3, DAMNIT! I've got things to buy, Sony!

As if I didn't have enough to worry about/buy this holiday season, what with the L4D2, and the Modern Warfare 2, and the Dragon Age Origins...fuhgetaboutit!

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
So I have to buy a shit movie to play a demo for a probably awesome game?

And No I won't buy the Collection because I already have 1 and 2.

But then again I don't live in the US so I probably won't get an option for a demo to begin with.

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
Vlane said:
Believe me, District 9 is anything but a shit movie. Sure it has been a bit over-hyped but by god it is one hell of a great film. If I was at all interested in buying a PS3 then this bundle would certainly be enticing for me.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Am I the only one that thinks that that's a little desperate? I mean bundling your demo with what will already be a decent selling movie or bundling a game demo with your movie to intice people to buy it.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Aac18 said:
Vlane said:
Believe me, District 9 is anything but a shit movie. Sure it has been a bit over-hyped but by god it is one hell of a great film. If I was at all interested in buying a PS3 then this bundle would certainly be enticing for me.
It is for me. I didn't even know the movie existed until I saw Spoony's review of it where he said it's good. So I watched and I just hated it. It was unoriginal and it didn't make a lot of sense.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
There is no losing with that deal. Also: Sony, stop making me want a PS3. Seriously. I don't have any money, and yet you continue to tease me.