The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

The Week in Review: It watches you sleep. In this week's edition, a pirate CEO, a new look at politics in a Japanese eroge, sword fighting on the Wii, Kojima's love of Twilight, and the dark, sorcerous powers of Jerry Bruckheimer.

<br clear=both>

Why It Was Old Man Virtalo, All Along!

My fellows, the first sign of the end of days is upon is us, thanks to Jerry Bruckheimer and his eldritch homunculus Jake Gyllenhaal. The first trailer for Disney's upcoming Prince of Persia flick has hit the net and it actually looks quite good. Not "sweep-the-boards-at-the-Oscars" good, but not gut-twistingly horrendous like all of its predecessors. Truly, 'tis the first sign that Ragnorok will soon be upon us, we just have to be on the watch for a four-headed snake and a goat with a fine baritone singing voice now. Click the link to watch the trailer. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95880-The-Prince-of-Persia-Movies-First-Trailer-is-Surprisingly-Good])

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Kojima-san is judging a twilight contest?????

The Prince of Persia movie looks good to me
Well I've been expecting him to step out of the closet for a while now.

No comments on my overall politics, it's just for all comments about how "ultra macho" Snake is, don't forget that's also something of a gay-fantasy stereotype, and honestly it seems like Metal Gear Solid has been producing massive amounts of slashfic ever since the Ota-Kon thing. Yahtzee even commented on this during his review.

So truthfully, him reviewing a "Twilight" art contest doesn't strike me as being all that far out there.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Uh, I think that link to the main Legend of Zelda article is broken. It points to http://ims.warcry.com/module/96/ims_news/view?id=95914 and I get a page asking me to sign into IMS, whatever that is. :)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
ziggybogidou said:
The PoP trailer looked good until I saw That fateful word: Disney.
Now Im scared.
What's wrong with Disney? They mind Pirates of the Caribbean which was an excellent film, along with all the animated stuff they've done over the years.

Plus they recently acquired Marvel.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Ehhh...the PoP movie looks like The Mummy sans the guns and, for some odd reason, the Sand Demons are absent. WTF Bruckheimer!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Ehhh...the PoP movie looks like The Mummy sans the guns and, for some odd reason, the Sand Demons are absent. WTF Bruckheimer!
No, the sand demons are there.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
No, the sand demons are there.
I watched it again and I still don't see them, I saw some scary-looking guys with swords, but no sand demons. I'm talking about the ones from Sands of Time (Haven't played the others) like these guys:

I'll take your word for it though because I haven't read anything about the plot of the movie.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Love these week in review! Keep it up ^-^ b

Always some article i miss that turns out comically awesome!