Unboxing Modern Warfare 2's Prestige Edition

hansari

May 31, 2009
So you have 2 "right-halves" of Soaps head?! HAHAHAA....

Oh...and the nightvision sounds cool...but 5 AA batteries?! I'd rather save that stuff for the game controllers...

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
Dunno if I'd ever bother with special editions, even if I made shitloads of money. I can't imagine myself having genuine appreciation for the extra trinkets I'd get.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Want... Very much want...

But I've already got my bog-standard copy, so that'll have to do ;)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
But will you use them? Ever? Really? The first few weeks, sure. After that? They'll be collecting dust.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
fricking genius... I've always thought that the only thing that could make a game better is night vision!

Although to be fair, they'll just be a cheap replica of night vision goggles.

Peachfuzz1000

Nov 6, 2009
im a bit of cheap skate so i didnt splash out this.... but i still did get the game for £25 at my local sainsburys (rather than the rrp of £54:99 of other shops) and for whatever reason sainsburys had a wee basket full of cardboard 3D glasses lying at the check outs to take for free....... so whether my eyewear rivals yours though is up for debate haha

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
Nice, I would love a pair of night-vision goggles. They look heavy though, were they?

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Cargando said:
Nice, I would love a pair of night-vision goggles. They look heavy though, were they?
No, they're pretty light - I wouldn't want to find out what happened if you dropped them. Still, for a kid that used to dress up in fatigues and play "army" in his backyard, they're pretty slick.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
they seem perfectly useful for things like getting the mail at 2 a.m. without using a flashlight, or watching your roommate while she sleeps.
Don't even think about it!

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
The goggles are freaking awesome. I tried them out last night and you get a pretty good range on them.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
yeah it ' s cool but there is one problem i 've noticed ... i picked up the game today ... the official release date ... and there are people already ranked high and the score says they have played 2 days already ... that ain't right ... that would mean some stores sold the game early

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
XDUCK said:
yeah it ' s cool but there is one problem i 've noticed ... i picked up the game today ... the official release date ... and there are people already ranked high and the score says they have played 2 days already ... that ain't right ... that would mean some stores sold the game early
did you not see the newspost about the street date being broken yesterday?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
If I got two left sides of Soap's head, I would say awesome and put it up as art. I think it would look better than a whole head of Soap with a big seam down the middle. And the night goggles actually work? No wonder Activision tacked on ten extra dollars to the regular retail. I think we can expect a fair number of those to already be busted by over-eager 13 year olds(or the maturity equivalent).
ckeymel said:
Jordan Deam said:
they seem perfectly useful for things like getting the mail at 2 a.m. without using a flashlight, or watching your roommate while she sleeps.
[small][/small]

Don't even think about it!
I was just thinking of the nightmares that would give the female roomie, waking up in the middle of the night, and seeing little red lights hovering over her with some weird grunting noise accompaniment.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I know it's just the stand, but I think that's quite an oversight to be releasing such a high profile product with a dodgy piece. Were they even paying attention when they were packing the boxes?

Otherwise the goggles do look pretty cool. Probably not worth the expense for me though. I'd probably wear them around for the next few days and then get over the novelty, and never wear them again.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i will have nightmares about the double right head forever.

the goggles dont look very stealthy, can you even get some that are no bigger than your average snow goggles?

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
you might want to check the prices on the night vision goggles again, actual nvgs range in price from $300 (for a very crappy gen1 pair) to over $10k (for gen4's). cheapest GOOD gen1's ive seen is $500, with good gen2's not going for less than $1500 and gen3's going for $2500-$6000 for a good pair.

these kind of nvgs, while they work well, have no ability to amplify ambient light, they are entirely dependent on an led that sits inside the goggles, which is why they are so cheap compared to other ones. when that led burns out you might as well throw these away because they will be useless. still, for those who would like a pair but dont have the money to spend on traditional ones their still very good.

personally, seeing as i have an $800 pair of gen1 nvgs (and the fact that the prestige edition isnt available for the pc version), and the fact that i have no interest in mw2, im not that interested in it, was really just interested to see if these things actually worked.

just one point of caution to those who did pick this up: be very careful when using these outside at night, especially if you have the front led's on. if a neighbor catches you and calls the cops youll be in pretty big trouble, trust me on that.