Fallen Earth Community Event Keys Now Available

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Fallen Earth Community Event Keys Now Available

Icarus Studios, creators of the new hit post-apocalyptic MMO Fallen Earth, has created a community event just for members of The Escapist and has 5000 trial keys ready for anyone who wants to come hang out with us in-game. We'll be having in-game meet-ups and an in-game event on November 21st with [user]Spinwhiz[/user] and [user]Kuliani[/user].

Fallen Earth mixes first-person shooter style action with traditional role-playing game design. Set near the Grand Canyon in 2156 after a deadly plague wiped out most of humanity, the game features six factions, a classless advancement system and a unique crafting feature in which players can make 95 percent of game items.

To get your key and join The Escapist Clan in Fallen Earth, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/fallenearthcomm] for all of the rules and directions. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.

We look forward to seeing you in the apocalypse!

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
as soon as my computer is fixed im gonna join up online.
this is a great idea, thanks guys.

and im totally gonna brag right now and say that my sister in-law is one of the head play testers for the company.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Hopefully I'll be playing Laser Quest with members of my university Assassin's Society on that day, so I won't be participating. However, have fun those people who do, seems like a pretty cool event :)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Not gonna say anything. You can't get a reason to hire hitmen to get me that easy, Icarus!

I've probably mentioned a few times that they're based in my state and if I bad-mouth them they could have me killed.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
i am in the same situation as adam i haven't got a clue how to redeem this trial code

edit: never mind i found the answer, to anyone else as thick as myself, all you have to do is register at their site and all shall be revealed

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Have Fallen Earth fixed the downloader?

I got a free key previously (1 month ago) and could not download the games >40,000 files in 5 days (before I gave up). [IMO a bad design because it does not consider high latency (>100ms) connections.]

The Fallen Earth server kept dropping the connection, cycling back to a 3-4 minute check of the files required and then crash initialising the download. This was 100% repeatable and happened every 45 minutes or so.

I got no response on the Fallen Earth forums when asking for assistance.

adrianxx007

Nov 12, 2009
Thank you Q Maestre for your message! I would not have managed to get the key in without your help! Thanks again!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
There should be an updated "how to redeem your key" section when you get the key. I also posted this in the Fallen Earth User Group.

falendor

Nov 18, 2009
Do the keys only work on the 21st? or are they like a two week trail, one day is not enough to try out a game.

burdy

Nov 19, 2009
once you do the first download start the installation. then you need to register there and in that is where you put your key.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Damn, I'd love to but my notebook laptop wouldn't be able to handle this game. It scarcely skimmed the borders of Guild Wars, I think a more modern MMO would kill it D: Shame, I really would have enjoyed that.

atherius

Nov 11, 2009
I get a key, but forgot to copy it... where i can sight my key, any cd-key manager, like in fileplanet.com ?

Eminence

Dec 1, 2009
Quick question I actualy signed up and everything and had my key I had the window open and for whatever reason my computer decided to reboot and Now I can't get my key back. Is there anything you can do to help me out i would really like to try this game out. Thanks.