Gyromancer Team Considered Zuma, Peggle RPG

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Gyromancer Team Considered Zuma, Peggle RPG

The unlikely Square-Enix/PopCap team-up Gyromancer may use the fiendishly addictive Bejeweled Twist for its RPG combat, but the developers considered building a game around Zuma and Peggle first.

Gyromancer, which - despite what the name might lead one to believe - is sadly not a game where you magically create delicious Greek pita sandwiches, but rather a puzzle RPG team-up between Square-Enix and PopCap, hits XBLA and Steam told Siliconera last week [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95964-Square-PopCap-Team-Up-Gyromancer-Twists-Into-Retail-Nov-18th] that the developers had looked at building a game around some of PopCap's other titles.

[blockquote]"We had confirmed that some sort of puzzle system would be utilized as the base, but it took a while to decide which one exactly to go with. The intention for this game had always been to have a single-player focus, so instead of going for a versus-styled interface, we wanted something that would make the enemy-ally positioning very clear ... with this mindset, PopCap games like Zuma and Peggle were actually brought up as candidates."[/blockquote]

All I have to say on that is "Thank God." Peggle is addictive enough on its own, man! Can you imagine a game that combines the sheer heroin-tastic delight of Peggle with the RPG thrill of "Whoo, gained a level! Time to grind some more"? We really dodged a bullet here.

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
Please excuse me while I fetch my brain...

Wow, this is just... awesome.