Phoenix Wright Objects His Way Onto WiiWare

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Phoenix Wright Objects His Way Onto WiiWare

Your Honor, I would like to submit this copy of Famitsu to the court as incontrovertible evidence that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will be coming to the Japanese WiiWare next month.

While everybody and their dog was freaking out last Tuesday over the release of Cods Mew Too, there was another piece of news that grabbed my attention - namely, a listing on the German videogame ratings board website that suggested that the cult hit Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games would be coming to the Wii [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96020-Is-Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Coming-to-the-Wii]. Seeing as how the PW trilogy may well be some of my favorite games in the last five or so years, I was one happy newsie.

According to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5407186/phoenix-wright-pleads-wiiware], the latest issue of Japanese game mag Famitsu confirms that the Phoenix Wright games - er, make that the Gyakuten Saiban games - will be released on WiiWare over the next three months. The first game will be out on December 15th for 900 Wii Points (~$9), Justice For All will follow on January 26th, and Trials and Tribulations will wrap up the trilogy on February 23rd, with the latter two slightly more expensive at 1200 Points (~$12).

The release of the first game will not include "Rise From the Ashes," the bonus case that was added to the DS version of the game - that will be sold separately on March 16th. Presumably, this is because the case in question had features specifically designed for the DS's touch-screen and microphone as a prelude to the DS-only Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice, which would take slightly more time to make work on the Wii.

There's no word on a Western release yet, but I find it hard to believe that the Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK) [http://www.usk.de/] would spend its time rating titles that won't ever see release outside of Japan - and I can't find any reason not to release it since the games have already been translated - so my guess would be that it's probably going to happen.

As long as I get to call out lying witnesses by using the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk to mimic the act of slamming my desk, there's absolutely no objections here on my end.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
As long as I get to call out lying witnesses by using the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk to mimic the act of slamming my desk, there's absolutely no objections here on my end.
If I get to do that I might actually dust off my Wii.

Oh it'd be a dream come true.

Feb 13, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
I can see a marked increase in living room claims on insurance forms coming up.

From http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
This actually makes me very happy. The more people who know about the awesomeness of Phoenix Wright, the better.

Also, Funk, have you been swimming lately?

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
And I object! I object that he interrupted me while I was watching Ow! My Balls! That is not okay! And I rest my case!

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
On the one hand: I like PW and I am interested in seeing if they do anything special for the Wii and what they do if they do some special controls.
On the other hand: I've played this game before. I'm not quite sure I want to buy what essentially amounted to the book again just so I can do what amounts to turning pages a different way.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
.........sweet.
I hope it makes it across the sea.
It would be a nice edition to the WiiWare.
And if you do get to use the wiimote and nunchuck to mimic the moves, i WILL buy a desk and set it up in my room while i play.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Non the less it IS coming to the Wii, which is awesome.
they should use the balance board as the desk, so you can slam your hands down when your objecting

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Sweet. Not a new game, or an all in one collection. But...hey. You don't have to hunt down a copy.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Personally, I wish they would release the PC version of Gyakuten Saiban outside Japan. They would certainly gain much more success with it, given Japan`s traditionally small PC market. Yet, for some reason, they insist on keeping it a Japanese-only release. :(

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I sure hope they make to graphics better than the DSs. Oh god, the pixels!

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I really, really hope this comes to North America, huge fan of the Ace Attorney series that I am. And as others already said, I hope it has motion controls for objecting and slamming your hands on the desk.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
Yes, yes, and more yes.

This reminds me I still need to finish Trials and Tribulations.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
The Wii gets some good titles, but I can also see Capcom releasing the Trilogy on disc as well in the future.

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
That'd be great for my family (which owns a Wii) as I'm taking the DS games with me when I leave after graduation. I do hope this happens!