Adidas Shows Off Stormtrooper Sneakers

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Adidas Shows Off Stormtrooper Sneakers

What sneakers do the best dressed Storm Troopers prefer? Adidas, apparently.

Adidas has announced a new line of apparel based on the original Star Wars film released in 1977. The line is mostly sneakers, including shoes based on the Imperial Stormtrooper (pictured), Luke Skywalker's X-wing suit [http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/11/20/adidas-originals-x-star-wars-springsummer-2010-collection-a-first-preview/adidas-star-wars-ss2010-112/], but there is also a Darth Vader hoodie in the mix. Star Wars shoes are nothing new but this marks the first time that sneakers were created showcasing specific characters and scenes from the movie. According to multiple sources, the shoes will be available in select stores in January 2010.

I have to say that, at first, I thought these shoes were ridiculous, but they are starting to grow on me. The old-school feel of the classic Adidas design matches up well with the nostalgia often associated with Star Wars. My predilection for black shoes might even put the Vader shoes [http://hypebeast.com/2009/11/adidas-originals-2010-springsummer-star-wars-collection-preview/] on my list.

Thankfully, there is no trace of content from the prequels. You may insert the Jar-Jar joke of your choice here.

Source: Hypebeast [http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/11/20/adidas-originals-x-star-wars-springsummer-2010-collection-a-first-preview/]

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
I don't like wearing white shoes, but other than the the Stormtrooper ones actually look kind of sharp.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
I was thinking of gearing up with some Adidas stuff next week. Now i got a nice new thing on my shoplist for after Xmas! Ill show up with some pics too. . . .granted our stores get same of those puppies :D

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
DO WANT.

I wander how much they are...

/where to buy them.

EDIT: Oh, out in January...wank.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Gotta go with the skywalkers; the idea of having skywalker on your shoes which you'll use (you know) walking is pretty cool.

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
Those actually look pretty good. I might actually buy a pair of those Stormtrooper trainers if they're available in the UK. They'll most likely add to my social nerd style that I've been rocking recently.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Kinda cool. Though why they're releasing them now given its been near 15years since the trilogy re-release seems kinda random.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
They look like those shoes little kids wear with the straps and flashing lights featuring Power Rangers or something, minus the straps and flashing lights.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I'd have to go with the Skywalker shoes. I don't have many outfits that would match them, but they look too sharp to pass up.