Red Dead Redemption Still Looks Pretty Sweet

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Red Dead Redemption Still Looks Pretty Sweet

Red Dead Redemption's main character is introduced in the game's latest cinematic trailer, which is looking sharp.

Rockstar has released a new trailer for Red Dead Redemption, giving us a new look at the game's storyline and some of its characters. Redemption stars John Marston, a former outlaw that needs to capture or kill a fellow gang member from his past.

The "former" seems very much up in the air. Could Marston have changed his tune? Or, is he being forced to hunt down his one time acquaintance? Either way, it looks like it'll be a joy to find out Marston's true motives, and to explore Redemption's game world.

The cast of characters could be pretty interesting too, with a grizzled sheriff and somewhat loopy snake oil salesman already in tow. If Rockstar is good at anything, it's creating characters. Not too much, if any, actual gameplay is shown in this trailer, but the graphics are looking good. If Redemption's gameplay holds up, it could become the ultimate western game. That's what I'm hoping for anyway, along with a multiplayer high-noon duel mode.

(Via: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177137])

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Wow that looks pretty sweet, i only just heard about this. Any idea of a release date?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looking interesting. Looking forward to actually seeing this out.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Furburt said:
Well, I never liked the originals, but who knows? Maybe they used the 'make better' button.

I always thought that thing was useful.
I'm hoping that they can use that button for the next gta game too. Unfortunately, this game looks only slightly less pretentious and that's only because frontiersmen had good reasons to be serious. The story sounds exactly the same though: thug finding redemption by hunting a villain that used to be in his gang. At least this game has a minigun.

I don't know, I have about as much hope for this game as I had for Manhunt 2 or State of Emergency.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Read GameInformer, it covered the story months ago. He IS being forced to hunt down his old associates because the law is holding his family at gunpoint.

Aug 25, 2009
I'm going to get it anyway, because I liked the original, but yeah the trailers are getting closer and closer to selling me completely on it.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Hmm, this is starting to look more interesting. It's especially more story driven than I anticapated. Maybe I'll check it out...I really need to watch some more westerns.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Looking forward to this. And ME2. And BfBC2. And Splinter Cell Conviction. Fuck, I'm going to be broke.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
from what i've just seen, in the latest multiplayer video, you'll have like 54 skins to choose from since there's 9 factions and 6 characters in each...

too bad you can't customize them...