Taiwan Player "Beats" World of Warcraft

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Taiwan Player "Beats" World of Warcraft

A Taiwanese World of Warcraft player is the first to complete all of the current achievements in the MMOG.

MMO Champion reports that the Taiwanese player 小灰 from the guild 神樣 (TW-Wrathbringer) has completed all 986 achievements currently tracked by Blizzard in World of Warcraft. BB King [http://tw.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Wrathbringer&cn=%E5%B0%8F%E7%81%B0&gn=%E7%A5%9E%E6%A8%A3] achievement which was added in patch 3.2.2 but a bug in displaying an old PvP achievement bumps him up to 986 complete.

Whether he has technically completed every achievement is a bone of contention among WoW forum posters. It's unclear from the wording in the BB King achievement whether it is completeable outside of WoW's Winter Veil holiday. Winter Veil will probably go live when patch 3.3 drops next week, but then of course many achievements for the new Icecrown Citadel dungeon will also be added to the game. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time until 小灰 consumes all of that content but his current achievement, uh, achievement is still pretty awesome.

Obviously, completing all of the achievements doesn't mean that the player has "defeated" World of Warcraft but that doesn't make the feat any less impressive. One could say that achievements were added to the MMOG to allow more casual players to feel like they can accomplish something after dinging 80, but this player is pretty hardcore for doing them all. Having to master so many different facets of the game from dungeons to PvP to collecting minipets and obscure recipes is insurmountable for such a measly player like myself.

I tip my [Don Rigoberto's Lost Hat [http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21615].]

Source: MMO Champion [http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/player-gets-all-achievements-shadowed-unit-frames/]

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Wow I didnt know you could even beat WoW....

Ah well, next patch there going to do more.. and next patch... ad nausea

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
I didn't expect that a person would complete WoW. Sooner or later, Blizzard will add more stuff and acheivements.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Props to him - it's not something I would ever consider doing, but I gotta say it's impressive to say the least, getting the top arena 'chievements while doing all the raiding stuff as well takes a lot of commitment. I'll tip my slightly blue-r Don Carlos' Famous Hat [http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38506] to him.

bloodsheddragon said:
Actually, there's only one true way to beat WoW:
lolyousosmart!

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
Well...good for him I guess. This must be a world record of some sort, although I can't imagine this one being very easy to break...not that too many people would want to try anyway, I think...

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Well, I suppose, if there were any true way to conquer and MMO, the most legitimate claim would go to the person who has filled all of the requirements for every achievement.

Still, that must have taken a great deal of time.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I cant tell if I should congratulate this guy, or shake my head in shame.

Seriously he must of spent along time doing this.

TheHitcher

Sep 9, 2009
bloodsheddragon said:
Best post so far.

OT: Indeed, hats off to this player. Not only has he truly 'beaten' WoW, but he plays Horde and he's a druid. :)
The amount of effort this must have taken is truly ridiculous.

Hyperone

Nov 30, 2009
When he figures out a way to complete every single possible quest in the game, then I will applaud him.

Confirmed very recently by employees that as of now this has not been done, in fact, there are a few quests in the game yet to be completed period.

CanOfBeans

Sep 24, 2009
so THIS is the creature that has no life... i thought it only existed in legend.

we must find a way to slay this being before it is to late

err... any ideas on how to kill something that lacks a life?

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
CanOfBeans said:
so THIS is the creature that has no life... i thought it only existed in legend.

we must find a way to slay this being before it is to late

err... any ideas how to kill something that lacks a life?
Is this the creature that must be slain with the Sword of a Thousand Truths?

Thus far I've seen but one truth:

bloodsheddragon said:

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Hyperone said:
When he figures out a way to complete every single possible quest in the game, then I will applaud him.

Confirmed very recently by employees that as of now this has not been done, in fact, there are a few quests in the game yet to be completed period.
Source? I find this very, very hard to believe, especially since there are achievements for completing pretty much every quest in every zone.

Hyperone

Nov 30, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Hyperone said:

Source? I find this very, very hard to believe, especially since there are achievements for completing pretty much every quest in every zone.
Let me see if I can't dig it up.

BTW, those "Complete X quests in Y Zone", yeah, it's not every quest in the zone. usually it's two or three short.

In the meantime, as a sort of think on this point: Certain quests are faction specific, an therefore without faction and race changes it is impossible to complete every quest in the game.

I really don't need to quote a blue on that point, as it's just fact.