Add Your Photo to Giant WoW Anniversary Mosaic

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Add Your Photo to Giant WoW Anniversary Mosaic

If you're one of the millions currently playing WoW, now's your chance to proudly display your faction allegiance (Alliance or filthy Horde) in a giant photo mosaic put together to celebrate the franchise's fifteenth anniversary.

In November, mega-MMOG World of Warcraft turned five years old, but that wasn't the only anniversary that California-based PC giant Blizzard was celebrating last month: It was the fifteenth anniversary of the Warcraft series as a whole. To celebrate, Blizzard's head honchos have been set up an anniversary celebration site [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96113-Blizzards-Rob-Pardo-Talks-Five-Years-of-Warcraft] to commemorate the occasion.

One of the cooler promotions up on the site is the Battle Cry [http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowanniversary/battlecry/] mosaic, a project that asks World of Warcraft fans to take pictures holding their banner of choice and email them to the WoW team. The pictures will then be stitched together in a giant photo mosaic celebrating the thousands of thousands of people who all enjoy life in Azeroth - and the more photos sent in, the more concept art will be "unlocked" on the site.

It's a really nifty little idea, and a good way for everyone to proudly proclaim your allegiance - whether a member of the noble Alliance or one of those dirty Horde - so if you've got an interest in being part of the mosaic, pick up your camera and get a-shootin'!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm, pity I don't play WoW. I'd like to be a part of something big on the internet.

Oh, and John, kinda messed up the bold there.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Stop abusing my people, Funk
That's pretty cool but whether I can be arsed to join in is, well...

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Lok'tar Ogar! For the Horde!

Sadly I don't own a camera. Seriously.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I swear i see someone i know in that picture. And if i check it when the full one is out i bet you $10 I WILL see one of my friends in it.

He plays WoW... alot.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
I need to talk my friend into getting in on this, since I don't play WoW myself. I've got the camera, and he's got the mug for it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
hazabaza1" post="7.159324.3997733 said:
Hmm, pity I don't play WoW. I'd like to be a part of something big on the internet.
quote]

Same. Ah well

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
you callin' my brotha's an sista's dirty funk?

well dis here troll is off to make himself a big vodoo doll of a certain editor and then stab the funk out of it...

you's be warned, shit just gotz realz mofo.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Thanks for giving a heads up on this, I kinda fell behind checking the WoW Website on whats been going on since I had to expire my subscription again cuz of tight budget.
Amarok said:
Lok'tar Ogar! For the Horde!

Sadly I don't own a camera. Seriously.
The beauty of cameraphones wins again! Time to call in a marker on one of your friends to take a pic. (I don't have a printer atm, so I just put the Horde banner on my screen, and just about put my arm into serious cramps going for just the right angle(tip:don't use a flash))
FOR THE HORDE!!!!
CantFaketheFunk said:
- whether a member of the noble Alliance or one of those dirty Horde????!!!
Funk, when I do get back on, I will find your tiny ass alliance toon and teach it which faction is the dirty one. I suddenly feel the need to remind you of this! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw]
Addendum: I just browsed through what's been submitted so far for the mosaic. There is a lot of photos that people put some real effort into. This is looking more and more awersome! [sub]ahem....horde rules, alliance drools*cough*[/sub]

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
Excuse me? Filthy Horde? The Alliance races in Warcraft lore are largely intolerant, Humans pretty much gave the High Elves the shaft. Filthy Alliance is more like it.

FOR THE HORDE!

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
LOK'TAR OGAR, FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!

GLORY TO QUEL'THALAS!!!!!

DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!

I set this flag and claim this thread for the horde!!!!!!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Dark Templar said:
LOK'TAR OGAR, FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!

GLORY TO QUEL'THALAS!!!!!

DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!

I set this flag and claim this thread for the horde!!!!!!
Yes, making it mine by proxy! Precioussss....