Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition Emerges From Hell

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition Emerges From Hell

Exclusive bonuses will be packed into a special edition of Dante's Inferno at no extra cost, but only for the PlayStation 3.

Visceral Games recently announced the upcoming Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition, a special edition of the game that will include a bunch of goodies for the regular retail price of $59.99. Shoved into the Divine Edition will be developer commentaries, a Wayne Barlowe [http://www.waynebarlowe.com/index.htm] digital art book, the Dante's Inferno soundtrack, and a digital version of the complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri's Inferno. The Divine Edition will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3; the Xbox 360 version will only contain a measly copy of the game.

A Dante's Inferno comic book series also just kicked off, with issue #1 now available in stores. It, like the game, follows Dante as he journeys through the nine circles of hell to rescue his beloved Beatrice. If you just can't wait until next year to experience Dante's quest, and don't feel like reading the first part of the Divine Comedy, from which Dante's Inferno draws inspiration, the comic book series could satiate your appetite for now.

Dante's Inferno will be released on February 9, 2010, but PS3 owners again get a bonus with a demo already available on the PlayStation Network which won't go up until December 24 on Xbox Live. The Dante's Inferno developers seem to really love Sony, maybe because their game is so similar to Sony's flagship God of War. This doesn't mean Dante's Inferno should be considered a rip-off, it's not, but after playing a demo at GameX in October the striking similarities cannot be denied. Dante's Inferno has its own charms too; murderous babies never came out of a demon's boobs in God of War after all.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Sweet this may be one of the few times I actually pick up a 'special edition' can't argue with the price differance.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Huh, there's a demo up? Well I've ignored all the other marketing, I suppose it can't hurt to play the demo.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
fletch_talon said:
Envy, one of the deadly sins.
Making 360 fans envy Sony fans hmmm?
I was thinking sony did what it would never do, pay for special privileges for its games, but now that you say that i'm definitely getting that vibe from this. So anyways if we count this as envy how many of those deadly sins have they gone through?

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
*Angry Irritated Twitch*

Exclusive special editions are bullshit.

*Note, I am getting a PS3, and Dante's Inferno FOR the PS3, but this is still bullshit.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
Marq said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Booo

I want the special edition for 360 too!
Just because the PS3 costs so much, everyone who buys it gets free stuff?
WHAT THE FUDGE?!
BAM! And there it is! Envy! The next sin.
You get highfive for that
/Highfive/
Meanwhile me, the bloke who called it four posts above the quoted post gets no highfives...
Now I too am envious.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
OK, so XBox players get all the new Borderlands stuff a week or so early, so we get special editions at no extra price? Cool. Sounds fair.

Also, are these demos American things? I've scoured the marketplace for both Dante's Inferno and God of War and found nothing.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Holy crap, that is one big scythe.

I cant take games literally that have people using weapons x4-10 their bodily height. (See: JRPG's)

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
It is refreshing to see some love shown to the PS3, it does bug me sometimes how whenever the multiplatform games are advertised on TV they only ever seem to mention its availability on the 360.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
ShadowsofHope said:
Holy crap, that is one big scythe.

I cant take games literally that have people using weapons x4-10 their bodily height. (See: JRPG's)
It's retractable. :)