Q&A With The Creator of There Will Be Brawl

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Q&A With The Creator of There Will Be Brawl

Ever wondered where the idea for the dark Mushroom Kingdom of There Will Be Brawl came from?

Read Full Article

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
This has to be my favorite part of the interview:
Who came up with setting the Mushroom Kingdom in a film noir story?

This really began when Zach brought up in a conversation just how screwed up Kirby is as a character, when you get down to it. He eats people, then wears their skin. This lead us into a comparison with Silence of the Lambs, and we just kept building on to this twisted, dark, adult world of Nintendo. A few hours later, we stopped and decided "Why the hell not? Let's actually make this!"
I don't know why, but I think this is hilarious. Think about it. Somehow, these nutcases were able to compare KIRBY, to HANIBAL LECTER? It's fucking ridiculous, and I love it!

Looking forward to the finale!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
The costumes for Bowser and Kirby were quite difficult to create, partially to function properly, but also to ride that line between the realistic, gritty feel of the show, and the very cartoony, exaggerated design they are based on
I think they did a fantastic job on the costumes. Bowser and King Dedede especially blew me away, they were so well done.

I really enjoyed the series so far, and it's sad to see it finish. My friends and I really enjoyed it and watched every episode (including Lakitu's newscasts!) Here's looking to a grand finale, and a good send of to an amazing series!

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
This has to be my favorite part of the interview:
Who came up with setting the Mushroom Kingdom in a film noir story?

This really began when Zach brought up in a conversation just how screwed up Kirby is as a character, when you get down to it. He eats people, then wears their skin. This lead us into a comparison with Silence of the Lambs, and we just kept building on to this twisted, dark, adult world of Nintendo. A few hours later, we stopped and decided "Why the hell not? Let's actually make this!"
I don't know why, but I think this is hilarious. Think about it. Somehow, these nutcases were able to compare KIRBY, to HANIBAL LECTER? It's fucking ridiculous, and I love it!

Looking forward to the finale!
Oh my God, look at, its the CANNIBAL!!!

Yeah, Kirby is fairly creepy when you get down to it.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
UPDATE: We are moving the launch of this to a little later today. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

person427

May 28, 2009
008Zulu said:
If all the eps were put together end to end, it would make a pretty long movie.
It would be a great movie, but almost 5 hours long. I'm sad to see this series come to an end. It's one of the best shows on the Escapist on the internet ever.

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
Definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen.

The killer Kirby thing actually makes a lot of sense to me, honestly the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

The Bowser costume was excellent. I was worried it would look too goofy, but the struck a perfect balance in it's design. Nothing was over or under done about it.

This series really makes me wish I could see more works with less CG.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
person427 said:
008Zulu said:
If all the eps were put together end to end, it would make a pretty long movie.
It would be a great movie, but almost 5 hours long. I'm sad to see this series come to an end. It's one of the best shows on the Escapist on the internet ever.
5 hours? hmmm definitely DVD material then

I wonder if they'll do anything else for the Escapist after this series