Bryan Singer to Direct New X-Men Movie

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Bryan Singer to Direct New X-Men Movie

Bryan Singer, the guy who made the two good X-Men movies, is returning to the franchise to make X-Men: First Class.

Singer left the franchise after the second movie, going on to direct the less-than-awesome Superman Returns, leaving X-Men: Last Stand in the hands of Brett Ratner.

First Class is still in the very early stages of development, but will focus on the first meeting between Xavier and Magneto and the creation of the Xavier Institute. The script is currently being re-written by Jaime Moss, who worked on the Keanu Reeves movie Street Kings.

The question in my mind however, is who this first class will be. The original comic line up isn't going to happen as Iceman is too young, and they didn't meet Angel until the third movie. Will it be Storm, or some new character we have yet to see?

The Hollywood Reporter [http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2009/12/bryan-singer-xmen-first-class.html]

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Who cares, as an x-men fan that WHOLE franchise was crap. Especially how they gayed up Nightcrawler, and always had one huge noticable mistake (like wolverines shirt healing itself, or nightcrawler in the pit before he even teleports there). They were all cornball, badacted garbage and paid no fan care as far as I'm concerned. Those movies are like games based off of movies. If they never make another one, it will be too soon.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
If First Class is supposed to be an actual prequel to the trilogy, then yeah, it'll probably be Storm as the fourth member. If it doesn't need to follow the conventions, Iceman will most likely be cast.

But not the crappy twin of Jimmy Olsen please.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
The biggest problem with the third one wasn't in the directing, though. It was piss poor dialogue. If you want the new one to be good, bring back David Hayter to write it.

P.S. Thanks

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Samcanuck said:
Who cares, as an x-men fan that WHOLE franchise was crap. Especially how they gayed up Nightcrawler, and always had one huge noticable mistake (like wolverines shirt healing itself, or nightcrawler in the pit before he even teleports there). They were all cornball, badacted garbage and paid no fan care as far as I'm concerned. Those movies are like games based off of movies. If they never make another one, it will be too soon.
Patrick Stewart and Ian Mackellen are pretty good actors.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!!

i guess i should say bring back David Hayter instead of SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKEEEEEE!!!! cause frankly i've never heard of the other guy and if he worked with Robo-Actor 5000, this script won't be that great

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Samcanuck said:
Someone's still nursing that boo boo on their tender fanboy spot because the movies didn't turn out exactly how they wanted them.

OT: At least Emma Frost will finally be in, but I always loved X Men 3, I never understood why people think its so bad.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Samcanuck said:
Someone's still nursing that boo boo on your tender fanboy spot because the movies didn't turn out exactly how you wanted them.

OT: At least Emma Frost will finally be in, but I always loved X Men 3, I never understood why people think its so bad.
I liked it when Juggernaut ran into the wall and knocked himself out.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
coldalarm said:
Disaster Button said:
Samcanuck said:
Someone's still nursing that boo boo on your tender fanboy spot because the movies didn't turn out exactly how you wanted them.

I liked it when Juggernaut ran into the wall and knocked himself out.
I like when he said "AM THE JUGGERNAWT *****!" just before that bit.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Well, Singer can't really do any more damage to the franchise than Ratner and Origins did, so I'm fine with the thought. I really liked the first two films that he did, and I do think that Superman Returns was pretty decent, despite being about Superman. The third movie was just poorly written and way too anvilicious about its message of mutants=gays (or whatever group you choose to put in that role). A little subtlety goes a long way.

Agent-Sliper

Apr 28, 2009
For the first Class I reckon they might have Banshee or maybe even Beast (before he turned blue).

Also i think it is a good idea to finally have an X-Men movie without Wolverine in it. (I like Wolverine but i think he has been over used).

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
should be a good one

would they be continuing where the third left off... or are they just gonna search through the past more?

im not complaining since i would like to see movies of the backgrounds more :p

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
scnj said:
Could be good. I'm more excited for Deadpool though.
I would be too, but given the state of movie making lately, no director or writers will be able to pull off the humor.. especially when he breaks the 4th wall