Anime Review: Love Hina

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
I 200% agree with this review.

Time has caused me to forget about this piece of animation until now anyways, so I say your statements are accurate.

Great review, by the way.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
*remembers that he has no money and decides to add this to his "Things I will buy when I am no longer in debt list"*

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Almost tempted to go up to the attic and drag these out. Really, watching this I was reminded greatly of Maison Ikkoku. Series is well worth watching.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
My friend told me to watch this one, but I never could be bothered. Usually the sort I watch invovles things being stabbed.

Invovles is my word. You can not has.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Yeah... I've actually watched all of it. I blame the fact that Google Videos had the whole series up, I had nothing to do and I was new to anime at the time.

It was alright. I liked the fact it never tried to be something it wasn't. It was silly, romance driven comedy. And at times, it was actually pretty funny.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Im probably gonna check it out.

Time to download it illegaly.... I mean buy it... yes...

Apr 28, 2008
hehe, I remember this series...
A friend rented a crapload of dvd's, and we watched them.

I remember we laughed, a lot, but other than that I can't remember what the hell happened in that series.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
For those fellow mangaheads: If you really liked the Manga, you'll probably be disappointed with this Anime. However, it's still worth a watch, especially if you liked Ken Akumitsu's other stuff (Negima, AI Love You, etc.).

The anime has the usual issue of following the very basic story of the Manga at the begining and then taking a sharp turn at a certain point in order to wrap things up within a single season. While the series is supplemented at the end with a few specials that are not part of the season to give the series more closure, those who are expecting the last half of the manga series will be sorely disappointed.

All that said, the review is spot on. It's a good stand-alone anime, even if it is essentially stock jokes and over-used cliches. Not perfect by any real measure, but definately worth a looking over or filling a gap in your Netflix queue.

MassuguGo

Sep 3, 2009
I remember watching this show, loving up to the very end and going 'where is the rest?'. Then I read the manga and found it. This was the first show I watched before reading the manga (usually if I had inhaled both, it was manga before anime) and I think I enjoyed it more that way. You don't get the 'oh, that is not as cool as I imagined it would be when I read it' effect and you eagerly read the story you just watched in anticipation of the conclusion you missed/wanted.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks for the recommendation. Thanks to this I've just watched the first 5 episodes and I'm loving it.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
It's funny that you would metnion cliche's, mostly because it was Love Hina which made a lot of them into the cliche's of modern anime. Not all of the cliche's (hammer space is older than old, and used in many culture's), but many of them became cliche's because other harem anime were copying Love Hina.

Anyway, I am glad you reviewed (and well, I might add) something I watched already. The list doesn't have to get longer.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I think I watched maybe 4 or 5 episodes of this way back when, before deciding that it was simply not meant for me. :|

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Why is it that both Love Hina and Mahou Sensei Negima!; both created by Ken Akamatsu, have an anime adaption that pales in comparison to the manga?

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I agree oh-so-much with this review. However, there is one thing in particular that makes me want to not watch the anime: Naru Narusegawa. Most. Unlikable. *****. Ever. At least in the manga...Motoko is pretty high up on that list too...I hate misusing words like "seriously", but I seriously think keitaro should have at least mentioned it once. Funny thing is, if he were to act that way against them, that'd be sexist and evil and bla bla bla...
Why yes, I do have a couple of issues with this otherwise delightful series.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Although the anime can't compare to the manga by a long shot it was still a fairly good series, you've pretty much said it all, great job

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Sounds pretty good, I may have to check it out at some point. But can I just ask, which is better the anime or the manga?