Asterix at the Olympics

CorvusE

Sep 13, 2006
Asterix at the Olympics

Francophiles rejoice! Atari is bringing an Asterix game to the Wii, DS, PC and PS2. Fans of Goscinny and Uderzo's Gaulish comic heroes Asterix & Obelix will get another chance to control the diminutive star and his menhir hewing friend.

A tie in with the upcoming live action movie, Asterix at the Olympics will feature elements from the film as well as high quality original CGI. Players will control the two Gauls as they travel to Greece with their lovesick friend Alafolix. Eventually, of course, they find themselves in the Olympics fighting Romans and taunting their arch nemesis, Julius Caesar.

Europeans will see the game before the holidays. The American audience will probably have to import, as most of you probably have no idea what we're talking about. For more information on this title, visit Atari.com [http://www.atari.com] and pretend you're not from the colonies.

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
Personally I have quite an affection for Asterix and Obelix that stems back to my days in kindergarten.

Not looking forward to all the "me too" olympics games next year though.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Asterix! I've read every Asterix book ever made.

I hereby rename myself Vitalstatistix in honor of this game.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
I'm part of the American audience. I love me some Asterix. I don't know why I had Asterix comic books growing up, but Bravura had a lot to do with forming my young mind's idea of just how insane the average woman is.

While some people may feel that the prior statement is incredibly sexist, they obviously didn't meet Bravura while reading Asterix as a little boy. Oh, fond memories.

Edit: Confused on name of woman. She's just as insane, regardless of name.

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
Archon said:
Asterix! I've read every Asterix book ever made.
I used to claim that myself. In fact I had many an argument with quite a few of my friends about which books counted, since there were a couple books that seemed like outcasts for not have Asterix in the title. (e.g Obelix and Co. and the Dogmatix range)

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
J'aime bien Astérix et Obélix! Quand j'êtais un enfant, j'ai lu tous les livres d'Astérix que je pourrais trouver. :D

CorvusE

Sep 13, 2006
I hoped if I were dismissive enough that other Asterix fans would speak up!