EVE Online PLEX Giveaway Now Live

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
EVE Online PLEX Giveaway Now Live

(PLEX) [http://www.eveonline.com/] is an item that adds 30 days of game time to your EVE Online account. It can be converted from any game time code and can be traded on the EVE market.

So, if you have a valid EVE Online account and wish to participate in this giveaway, sign up now by clicking here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/EVEplex]. This giveaway will be running until Monday, January 11th at 11:59PM EST. Good luck!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
So is this like a lottery or is it the first 15 that gets it?

Maybe the fact that it's called "Giveaway" makes a lottery-option less likely, but dangit, I need clear statements!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, certainly be something I can use as a late present!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
HUBILUB said:
So is this like a lottery or is it the first 15 that gets it?

Maybe the fact that it's called "Giveaway" makes a lottery-option less likely, but dangit, I need clear statements!
15 participants are chosen at random.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Truthfully, I was not impressed by EVE Online when I gave it a spin. The PLEX idea is interesting though, not sure what I think of the idea of people being able to trade in game money for game time via another player.

Honestly with some of the changes I figured I might give the game another shot if they lowered the monthy fee, and found some way of dealing with all of the ridiculous paranoia.

nagi

Mar 20, 2009
I have been playing for free for the last year and a half at least. Is that low enough for you?

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
nagi said:
I have been playing for free for the last year and a half at least. Is that low enough for you?
But how long did it get you to get there? After 2 or 3 months I quit as I just had to wait 3 weeks for another skill to go up while I had anough money to buy meself 2 "next in line" ships.
And I KNEW that money I earn now are nothing. And I was powerless, there was nothing to do. Especially when you are a rookie with no friends and no coprp...

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
cieply said:
nagi said:
But how long did it get you to get there? After 2 or 3 months I quit as I just had to wait 3 weeks for another skill to go up while I had anough money to buy meself 2 "next in line" ships.
And I KNEW that money I earn now are nothing. And I was powerless, there was nothing to do. Especially when you are a rookie with no friends and no coprp...
There's your problem. You gotta find a corp with your interests that has members online around the same time as you, or else the game becomes quite dry.

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
Valiance said:
online around the same time as you, or else the game becomes quite dry.
Well I was in polish corp once. But there is a problem with polish things... they suck. Or it's just a problem with corps that recruit noobs ;p If I'll get lucky with plex maybe I'll give this game another chance, it is truly a grat game.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Therumancer said:
Truthfully, I was not impressed by EVE Online when I gave it a spin. The PLEX idea is interesting though, not sure what I think of the idea of people being able to trade in game money for game time via another player.
It's interesting on paper, but in execution the selling of GTCs and Plexes has horribly broken Eve's economy. Part of the reason I quit was because of the GTC crap.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I just bought EVE in the Steam christmas sale, but I'm still tossing up as to whether I'll continue paying. There's a lot of missions, but they don't vary much, and I find most of my time is spent staring at my screen as I warp from place to place. Still, the combat can be fun in places, and I'm keen to get to a stage where I can hold my own in a pvp match. I'll enter anyway and see what happens.

Edit: What's the answer supposed to look like? I've put it in several ways (i.e. "_______ Datacore x2", "2 _______ Datacores", etc), but each time it says it's wrong.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
Bah, this comes at bad timimg, my EVE account was hacked on Christmas Day and I lost everything, killed my faith in the game, that I could lose literally 2 years of work in a few hours spent offline, I realize thats part of the whole nature of EVE, but I suppose i'm not as "hardcore" as I thought I was.

Good Luck to all who've entered.

Manufacturing never really was my thing anyway.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I have an EVE account but I'm not clicking that link, in protest at the fact that they still haven't given me Walking In Stations, a feature that was promised in 2008 and that I re-subscribed many times for, only for them to continually neglect it. My EVE account is currently dormant and only when WIS becomes a reality will I reactivate it. When that happens, I am happy to pay as normal.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
BonsaiK said:
I have an EVE account but I'm not clicking that link, in protest at the fact that they still haven't given me Walking In Stations, a feature that was promised in 2008 and that I re-subscribed many times for, only for them to continually neglect it. My EVE account is currently dormant and only when WIS becomes a reality will I reactivate it. When that happens, I am happy to pay as normal.
Ahh, Ambulation. I knew when they announced it that it wasn't going to happen on their schedule. I was okay with that, though.

Once in a great while I miss EVE. It was fun puttering around in my mining ship, chatting in the NPC corp chat while gnawing on rocks, or taking my warship and drones out to run missions for quick cash infusions. But I just couldn't justify paying fifteen dollars a month for a game I was hardly playing anymore.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Its the next expansion, Incarna there calling it now.

I know how that sounds, and they've said it all before, but honestly, if they blow it this time, I think they'll have royally screwed up, they've made a proper trailer and everything, announced it at Fanfest, I don't think "the one after the next one" will cut it anymore. Might be enough to rejuvenate my faith in the game, here's hoping.

Jan 23, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Yeh I'm looking forward to that alot.

I recently got into the fleet stuff tho. I'm at almost every major battle now. It's pretty cool, cept they broke the server in the recent patch. =(

This question was hella difficult to figure out. I've been playing for 2 years; but I don't do invention. And making the question tech II really screws the bunny. Like; you really have to go reading some boooooring stuff to get the answer.

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
Ok, I know I have the right answer but I don't know what formatting it wants. If the answer was Nanite Engineering datacores (the ones they say in the question) how should I put that into the answer box?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Andronicus said:
Edit: What's the answer supposed to look like? I've put it in several ways (i.e. "_______ Datacore x2", "2 _______ Datacores", etc), but each time it says it's wrong.
blakmajic said:
Ok, I know I have the right answer but I don't know what formatting it wants. If the answer was Nanite Engineering datacores (the ones they say in the question) how should I put that into the answer box?
Quantity is not needed. That they are datacores is implied in the question. We just want the type.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
paulgruberman said:
Andronicus said:
blakmajic said:
Quantity is not needed. That they are datacores is implied in the question. We just want the type.
Thanks, just submitted the answer now. Fingers crossed!

Edit: I'm not very good with my time conversions, but I think I got it in time. Only if it was in the Australian time zone, I'd be too late, but I'm fairly sure that America is about a day behind us anyway.