Stolen Pixels #158: After Curfew, Episode 6

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #158: After Curfew, Episode 6

Tonight, Dr. Breen takes the hot coals to an axe-happy EA.

Read Full Article

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
NASCAR in Europe? Odd.

I like this series, but I personally like the interviews better. MoAaaArrrrR! Anyways, good job.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
EA seems to have a distinct hatred of gamers with longtime love affairs. I think the company may have been abandoned as a child

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Nascar is the EU would never work, lol, so really shutting down a good idea...but a better question is why they even bothered releasing it...

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Yay, we get to see Lumines live on stage!!

I'm not surprised they decided to shut down servers on some of the "outdated" sports games; I guess they decided it would make people go out and cough up for the NEW REVOLUTIONARY TOTALLY IMPROVED IN EVERY ASPECT AND ORIGINAL WITH AMAZING NEW FEATURES! Madden game. It makes me sad to know that people probably will, in fact, do just that.

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
NASCAR in Europe? Meh, F1 is already tremendously boring and at least has non-oval circuits...

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
I'm American and even I don't get NASCAR. F1 on the other hand is the bee's knees (its cool, I like it).

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
Is it wrong that I look forwards to this particular strip all the time? I love the "late night show" format!

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Interestingly enough, EA didn't decide to shut down the servers for any games that I own. Yay, I guess? It's still quite odd that they would shut down servers for a game that is less than a year old...

Earthmonger

Apple Blossoms
Feb 10, 2009
I can't think of a single EA game that I own. Got a few with their old boring logo on them, but they're just the publisher. I probably subconsciously avoid EA, like I consciously avoid Disney.

Can't think of a single Sega game I own, either.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
psh, i fart in the general direction of you Yankees's NASCAR.

once again a great comic, i thought you would make a joke about ea making free dlc exclusive to Americans, they are really begging to show their evil nationalistic side again after a few months of being beaten by activision.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
EA is like the Blob of game companies: it wants to expand its power by absorbing smaller companies until it consumes the entire world!

On topic, I wonder if they shut down the servers for Def Jam Icon yet. That's been running for a while. And if not, too bad I could never find anyone to play with to do some achievement grinding.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
matrix3509 said:
I'm American and even I don't get NASCAR. F1 on the other hand is the bee's knees (its cool, I like it).
I don't get the appeal of motor sports full stop. You just watch some guys drive round and round for hours at a time, very little happens, and then it ends. Especially F1, which has a weird system of points, and starting, and blah. If its that exciting, you could just go watch a main road for a while.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
ha ha yeah shutting down servers is a good thing , nascar in europe ? hey don't let them see red necks who only turn left because being laughed at hurts ... yeah they should shut down for all ea games but that's just me ... i only have 2 ea games , one was a gift ,the otyer a used copy of ... nascar 09 , yeah ha ha