Star Trek Online Beta Key Giveaway

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Star Trek Online Beta Key Giveaway

Want to play in the beta of Star Trek Online [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Online-Pc/dp/B002673XJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280861282&sr=8-1]? All you have to do is click.

I've been charting courses in Star Trek Online for the past week or so. The latest MMOG from Cryptic has you commanding your own ship and leading away-teams on distant planets from the start, after you spend hours with the incredibly detailed character generator, crafting the ideal Star Fleet Captain. After I've played the latest build, and try out the recently added Klingons, I will write a more in-depth preview.

But you don't have to wait to learn about the game from me. WarCry Network and The Escapist have teamed up with Cryptic to let you experience Star Trek Online before the game goes live. We have 2000 beta keys available, and you don't have to win a contest or answer obscure Trek trivia to get one (although you certainly won't be penalized for knowing what kind of tea Picard drinks or what the ceremonial Klingon weapon is.)

If a beta key for Star Trek Online is in your dilithium chamber, then go here to enter [http://www.warcry.com/contests/register/stobeta]. The first 2000 people who sign up will get a key.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
just as an answer I think:

Earl Grey and Bat'leth

I'm sure the true fanboys will correct me!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Cool, I'm not a massive Trekkie, but I'm very curious to this game. A friend of mine is a massive Trekkie though, although he's prone to responding very slowly on MSN. I'll just hope for his sake he gets here in time.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
Login Failed: User was not found.

Well, ok, I'll sign up then... was pretty sure I had an account though...

This username is already in use. Please choose another.

Bah, oh well. My main gaming PC is down for a week or so anyways. Would've been nice to try it out, however.

I'm also getting somewhat used to this. Every time I've won beta access to a game (or conceivably could, I think I would've been less than 2000-people in), there's been some technical glitch that held me back from actually getting to play the game.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Ahh we get so much, free stuff on here.

I give you the Blessings of the Diety of your choice.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
The game is ok. Right now the framerate is shit unless you turn down all the graphics. Starship combat is fun, until you get jumped and try to run away, because then you find out you can't really run away.

Apr 28, 2008
Score, got a key!

Well, I know what I'm going to be doing while I wait for Mass Effect 2 :D

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Got a key, hopefully giving a spin tonight, had to wait on fileplanet to let me download it (qued about 12 hours for the download, now only 20 minutes till the download is finished! yay!)

Clan mates are all going nuts over this, so will have to see if the Beta convinces me I want to buy the game.