Preorder Pokemon Gold & Silver Remakes for Cool Figurines

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Preorder Pokemon Gold & Silver Remakes for Cool Figurines

Do you feel like getting your hands on some nifty-looking figurines of the two legendary bird Pokemon, Ho-oh and Lugia? Then you'll have to pre-order SoulSilver [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-HeartGold-Version-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0038MVFYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968691&sr=1-1]. Oh, like you weren't going to already.

Hey, in case you missed it, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver - remakes of one of the most beloved generations of Pokemon games - are hitting the West this March. But you hadn't missed it, had you? Please, you were going to get them anyway.

But in case you weren't yet sold on getting the shiny new versions of the best Pokemon generation until Kaiyodo [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamond-Version-nintendo-ds/dp/B000MJB0H6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280782228&sr=1-1] (best known to otaku as the makers of Revoltech figurines). Naturally, they're the pocket monsters seen on the games' respective covers: SoulSilver gets you Lugia, while HeartGold nets you Ho-oh.

Now, I don't know. I was going to get HeartGold myself, but that Lugia is kind of swaying me in the direction of SoulSilver now. It's a tough call.

Maybe I'll just get both and make them fight.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/19/pokemon-heartgold-soulsilver-pre-order-bonuses-revealed/])

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
I have been waiting for too long for these to come out. Gold/Silver/Crytal was the best in the series. No pokemon omissions from the previous games and a slew of interesting new pokemon. Preordering a copy of each since we apparently haven't developed multiple save files on a single cartridge.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
I want Lugia...is there any specific place these need to be ordered, or is it with all of them >.>?

*drools over Lugia statue* and I want to play Silver again...it was epic.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Getting both. Soul Sliver in a pinch where I can't get both, because in a battle Lugia>>>>Ho-oh.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Maybe I should trade in my PSP that I never use for a DS...

Tempting...

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
i was getting soulsilver anyways but i may have to pre-order it now cos that it rather cool...

is it just me or does the ho-oh look like it's farting a fireball...?

Pocotron

Mar 16, 2009
Choices, choices, choices...

Lugia has always been badass, but Ho-Oh is so elusive...

Plus, Ho-Oh was the first legendary Poke I've ever seen.

Choices

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Getting both. Soul Sliver in a pinch where I can't get both, because in a battle Lugia>>>>Ho-oh.
Oh it's on!

Ho-Oh uses fireblast

Critical Hit

OT: Damn, I want these games so bad. Why haven't I been blessed with a DS yet!?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh it's on!

Ho-Oh uses fireblast

Critical Hit

Lugia uses Hydro Pump!

It's super effective!

Super Effective>>>>>Critical Hit. Because Super Effective isn't based on luck.

Also, note that Lugia can learn the move Psychic, and as a psychic/flying type, gains a "same type attack bonus" (STAB), increasing the damage. But it is still more of a defensive fighter.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh it's on!

Ho-Oh uses fireblast

Critical Hit

You realize you need to buy one and that they don't just fall from the sky right, and much like a pidgy are quite easy to find.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
"Do you feel like getting your hands on some nifty-looking figurines of the two legendary bird Pokemon, Ho-oh and Lugia? Then you'll have to pre-order Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Oh, like you weren't going to already."

Except me, because it seems like I'm the only one who's realized that the series has gone to shit.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Pokemon games are actually more like Mario and less like pokemons... They haven't evolved shit.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Quadtrix said:
"Do you feel like getting your hands on some nifty-looking figurines of the two legendary bird Pokemon, Ho-oh and Lugia? Then you'll have to pre-order Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Oh, like you weren't going to already."

Except me, because it seems like I'm the only one who's realized that the series has gone to shit.
D/P is, IMO, the best generation if you aren't one of the "THE ORIGINAL 151 WERE THE ONLY POKEMON EVER" folks. Balanced, tourney-capable, good for newbies and oldbies alike, and with some cool new sides.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I'm not sure to go with Gold which I had last time or Silver, I will end up going gold though.