Watch Mass Effect 2 Played Through in 5 Minutes

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Watch Mass Effect 2 Played Through in 5 Minutes

Do you want to see BioWare staff play through Mass Effect 2 via a live stream and then answer questions about the upcoming sci-fi RPG? Well, you've got five minutes to go grab a snack and a drink.

No time to do a real proper news post for this one - are you kidding me? Those things take a while! - because we're coming down to the wire here. In just under f minutes, at 3PM EST (12PM PST), two BioWare staff members, Jesse Houston and Christina Norman, will be playing through the highly anticipated sci-fi epic Mass Effect 2. And it will be streamed via Xfire, so you can watch the whole thing live.

After the gameplay walkthrough (no word on how long it's planned on lasting), there will be a Q&A about the game with - according to Xfire - the game's producer, Casey Hudson. On the other hand, the official BioWare Twitter account [http://www.twitter.com/biofeed] doesn't mention Mr. Hudson's name anywhere, so who knows if the man will actually be showing up? Not us!

Anyway, why are you still reading this? Go to Xfire and watch the stream already!

Apr 28, 2008
A little more heads up would have been nice!

But no time to complain, off to Xfire!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Why would I do that and ruin stuff for myself?
Don't be silly, Johnny!

Jul 9, 2008
Why would I want to watch them play it? Trailers are one thing, but I don't want to have that much spoiled for me!

Dan-o-mite

Jul 8, 2008
Did anyone else read the headline and think it was someone beating the game in 5 minutes?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Is it sad that I saw the article and looked at the time and looked at the time, only to realize that the playthrough ended a few minutes ago?

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Is it sad that I saw the article and looked at the time and looked at the time, only to realize that the playthrough ended a few minutes ago?
Actually I'm watching it now at the link provided via twitter.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
maddawg IAJI said:
It's still going. Get there now!

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
David_G said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Actually I'm watching it now at the link provided via twitter.
Did they say if they are playing the whole game?

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Trying to watch this, but the streaming fils like not working.

Woe is me, I can't even bloody watch it, piece of crap.

-Sigh- I think I'll just start on that HW I should be doing.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Dan-o-mite said:
Did anyone else read the headline and think it was someone beating the game in 5 minutes?
*raises hand*

I was expecting to see some sort of lolglitch which forces the end of the game on a leaked copy.

waggmd

Feb 12, 2009
Wow thanks for the heads up! I liked the new combat system it seems much more fluid than Mass Effect 1, also like the new interrupt feature.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Watched it, didn't care about the Q&A.
I'm pretty psyched.
I wish they showed a combination of PC and 360 gameplay, but I'm still quite happy with what I saw.
Like that jerk who tried to radio in to his superiors after Shepard said 'no'.
Oh yeah, I'll be shooting him too.