3DS Ambassadors Earn 10 Free GBA Games

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
3DS Ambassadors Earn 10 Free GBA Games

Nintendo's making good on its pledge to bring more free games to those who bought the 3DS before the price dropped.

Nintendo's 3DS Ambassador program proved that Nintendo was serious about rewarding the loyalty of the system's early adopters. <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112276-Australian-3DS-Ambassadors-Get-Second-Chance>Back in August, the company announced that ten NES games would be available for free to members of the program. Now, the publisher's announced that it's making good on completing the twenty-game deal with ten more free GBA titles.

Nintendo let Japanese gamers decide which games they wanted, and the list is pretty great:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

The games are set to become available for 3DS Ambassadors in both Europe and Japan on December 16th. Dates for Ambassadors in other regions, though, have yet to be revealed. Presumably, those folks won't have to wait for too long.

Source: Geek

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK. Yoshi's Island is one of my favourite games of all times so I am happy. I also don't mind F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kirby or Mario Kart. I guess I wont have to be bored on my ride home for Christmas.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Other than Yoshi's Island the list looks pretty damned good! I don't dislike Yoshi's Island though, it's just that I still have that one cart, box and, manual. I don't think I've played any of those other games though...mmmm nope. Never played those. Is Fire Emblem a straight-up RPG or is that a strategy-based RPG?

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
Other than Yoshi's Island the list looks pretty damned good! I don't dislike Yoshi's Island though, it's just that I still have that one cart, box and, manual. I don't think I've played any of those other games though...mmmm nope. Never played those. Is Fire Emblem a straight-up RPG or is that a strategy-based RPG?
Fire Emblem is a TBSRPG, it's actually really good.

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
About damned time. I wish we westerners could have had a say in what games we were getting, though.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
except for warioware not being my taste this is a really good list (almost perfect)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
D Moness said:
except for warioware not being my taste this is a really good list (almost perfect)
Replace Warioware with Mother 3 and it would be too awesome.

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
All of those games are really good. I've played Minish Cap, Kirby, Mario vs DK, Fusion, and Yoshi's Island. Kinda makes me wish I'd gotten a 3DS on launch day.

LostNumber

Jul 17, 2009
Damn, that is a good list. I hope they change their minds and put these on the eshop to purchase at some point, or I'll be one jealous 3DS owner.

Zouriz

Apr 28, 2011
They are out in America and Europe now. Getting them as I type this. Good thing Nintendo added a download later option. Now I can get them all at once.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Wait, so getting a 3DS would allow me to finally get to play Minish Cap? Damn it... I still don't have the money for one.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
All of these games are now available in Canada (and presumably the rest of North America), but Nintendo has announced nothing about it. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, which is one of my favourite games of all time. So for all of you North Americans, these games are all available the same was as the NES games were: go into your downloads and hit "re-download" on the new games that have popped up in your list of owned games!

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
Lukeje said:
Wait, so getting a 3DS would allow me to finally get to play Minish Cap? Damn it... I still don't have the money for one.
No, it wouldn't. These games (along with 10 NES games back in September) were given as a gift to placate those of us who picked up a 3DS before the August price drop. Nintendo has said that these games will be exclusive to these people, but I see no reason that they couldn't be added to the 3DS store at some point in the future.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
SachielOne said:
Lukeje said:
Nintendo has said that these games will be exclusive to these people, but I see no reason that they couldn't be added to the 3DS store at some point in the future.
Seriously? That seems stupid. And makes me sad. Damn you Nintendo!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Mario Kart Super Circuit! I LOVE THAT GAME!

I've never played the other 9 so I'm looking forward to playing them.