3DS top screen yellow tint. Does it go away?

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
I keep hearing mixed things about this and I'm trying to get a solid answer. I recently got a new 3DS to replace my old one that broke from the Nintendo Repair center, and I noticed the top screen has a slight but noticeable yellow tint to it. I keep hearing mixed reports on whether or not the yellow tint fades away or not. Does anyone know by now if there is a definite answer on this?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I don't know about that, but if it persists, you could always send it back to Nintendo for repairs again. It should be under warranty for a year after a repair.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah, I even still have the box and everything that got shipped with it. I'm hoping I can do a walk in with it so I don't have to go through the shipping process again so I can just get it exchanged.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I wasn't aware that a yellow tint should be there, to begin with. Mine didn't have a yellow tint at all. I think you got one with a display that's faulty, in some way. I'd take it back and get it exchanged, rather than hoping the tint fades away.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
As others have said, you should get a replacement as the yellow tint isn't something that's normal. In fact I've never even heard of it before this thread.