Assassin's Creed II Leaps to PC March 16

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassin's Creed II Leaps to PC March 16

PC gamers can finally get their hands on Renaissance man Ezio in the stellar Assassin's Creed II [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-II-Playstation-3/dp/B00269DX5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279052535&sr=1-1] come this March.

Assassin's Creed II was a Torchlight [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6824-Review-Assassins-Creed-2] or something) for the game to come to their gaming platform of choice. Well, PC gamers, wait no longer! Er, wait a bit longer, but now you'll know just how long you'll have to wait.

AssCreed 2 will be finally leaping from the console tower down into the PC haystack (no, that wasn't intended as an analogy to disparage PCs; put your torches and pitchforks away please) on March 16th. As with Activision's Modern Warfare 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00269QLI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278694263&sr=1-1], AC2's PC version will be priced at the console standard of $59.99 instead of the usual PC price of $49.99, but it's actually not quite as bad as you might think - seriously guys, you can put the pitchforks down again, really.

The PC port will be a so-called "Director's Cut" of the game, coming with the Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities DLC packs that console owners had to buy separately - so while it's the same price as a console game, you're still getting more content for your money. There will also be a "Black Edition" version of the game that will be digital-distribution only; this Black Edition will go for $64.99 and have further additional content that has yet to be announced.

And finally, here are the specs you'll need to make it run oh-so-prettily on your 22" widescreen LCD.

[blockquote]Minimum Configuration:
SUPPORTED OS: Windows XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista (32-64 bits)/Windows 7 (32-64 bits)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
* This product does not support Windows 98/ME/2000/NT

Recommended Configuration:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
Sound: 5.1 sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series

Price:
Standard: Main game + Extra sequences Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities: $59.99 [Retail and Digital]

Black Edition: Main game + Extra sequences Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities + additional content: $64.99 [Digital Only][/blockquote]

(Via ShackNews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62077])

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
I certainly hope that the ability to inject steroids into the graphics makes it look so amazing that my eyes bleed... Wait, that sounds painful...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I wonder what keys the PC gamers will have to hold down 60% of the game.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Ummm...where have you guys been? This has been on Wikipedia for a loooooooong time. Regardless, I'm glad this comes out right before my birthday. I still don't see why we have to wait four extra months though.

Mr.Gompers

Dec 27, 2009
Finally, they actually gave us a date! A little disappointed about the price, but at least we great some free DLC. Also, the only time I will ever put down the pitchfork is to pick up my shotgun.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
But i want my statue now!!!

O god, March is the new February........ MY WALLET WILL NOT COPE!!!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
They could just plug in a controller. Or toggle auto-run.

Anyways, are those DLCs out on consoles yet? I haven't heard anything about them...

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Any status on the DRM?

I Ain't buying it if it has anything with GFWL or Securom any where near it.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

Anyways, are those DLCs out on consoles yet? I haven't heard anything about them...
They get auto-run?

PC-gaming is superior

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

They get auto-run?

PC-gaming is superior
Well, I can't verify that. My PC ain't beefy enough for Jade Empire, yet alone this. Although...it can run Oblivion on minimum...but not Jade Empire. HMMMM...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

I love me some keyboard+mouse, but frankly I don't know if I would want to touch AC2 without a good ol' 360 controller. The game was really built for controllers.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
John Funk said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

I love me some keyboard+mouse, but frankly I don't know if I would want to touch AC2 without a good ol' 360 controller. The game was really built for controllers.
I can't even begin to think how that it would work with a keyboard and mouse. Right Click to assassinate?

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
John Funk said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

If that's the case, then it was built for controllers with more buttons.

Cause holding R1+X all the time is annoying as hell.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
hm.... I might get this on my pc then isntead of my ps3... Question will it work with a ps3 controller?

Hampulina

Dec 19, 2009
Hubilub said:
John Funk said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

If that's the case, then it was built for controllers with more buttons.

Cause holding R1+X all the time is annoying as hell.
What about holding (as I set it) mouse button 4 + space?