God of War III Rampages Onto Shelves March 16th

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
God of War III Rampages Onto Shelves March 16th

Get ready to tear the wings off naked Harpies, folks: Kratos' tour de force of revenge comes to an end with God of War III [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968473&sr=1-1] on March 16th.

Before, all we knew about the release date of God of War III was a nebulous "Q1 2010," and then a slightly-less-nebulous "March" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97313-Sony-Confirms-Japanese-God-of-War-Trilogy-Colossus-Re-release]. Now, we have a decidedly less nebulous release date: Kratos will slaughter his way into North America on March 16th - unfortunately, just a day too late to celebrate the traditional anniversary of another famous act of Mediterranean violence.

This is the North American release date, with nothing yet mentioned for the UK and Europe - though given that Japan will be getting it on the 25th, it seems fair to say that God of War III will be coming out in Europe sometime between the 16th and 25th of March. March, named after Mars, the Roman name for Ares - the God of War.

Fitting, no?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
RAAAAAAAAAA!!!(my battle cry)

awesome, but once again the video game companies give me a reason to "be mad at" north america, it cant take them that long to ship the games.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Bleh, that's the day I have to buy a ps3; wish they'd have bundled it with it, but I guess they knew even ps3 haters like me would need this game.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

I can't wait for my Pandora's Box limited edition.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Sweet! get to kill moar tings with everyones favourite greek!

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
McBurks said:
Now to decide wether to buy this or FFXIII...
I'd suggest FFXIII, as it will entertain you until you can afford GoW3.

OT: I wonder if they'll take the bungie approach to ending trilogys and have about five games afterwards.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009

On a Different note, Yaaaay, now I have something to look forward to until I get my XBOX fixed as I have both.

acklumos

May 1, 2009
Hubilub said:

Same here! This is the only special edition of a game I've ever bothered to preorder.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Can't wait to get this. I'll probably have to wait until my birthday in April though. I'll make the wife buy it for me.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
argh! Bad Company 2, week later it's FFXIII and RE5 Gold then next week is this? they really want me to rob that bank, don't they? :p

DazWolf

Jan 15, 2010
Well, I've had the damn thing on pre order for over a year, I'm glad that there's finally a date. I'd heard that it was going to be closer to the end of the month, but I'm happy to see it coming sooner so I'll actually be in town to go pick it up. >.<

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Hubilub said:

Same here. Does anyone know how big it is? Also, March is the month in which about 179 years ago, greeks started a rebellion against the turks. Oh My God, this is so right!