Take the Escapist BioShock Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Take the Escapist BioShock Quiz!

Get ready for your return to Rapture by reminiscing about your first trip beneath the waves.

BioShock 2 comes out this week, but before you step into those enormous Big Daddy boots, show us how much you know about the first time you visited Andrew Ryan's would-be utopia, Rapture. Get all ten questions right, and you'll net yourself a special badge, too. It won't give you plasmid powers, but it's awfully pretty.

As always, you can take as long as you like on the quiz - and retake it if you haven't quite hit that 100% yet - but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

If BioShock isn't my favorite game of all time, it's certainly right up there. The gameplay itself isn't that phenomenal (it's solid, but not mind-blowing), but the atmosphere and storytelling are outstanding and timeless. Your descent into Rapture as you ride the bathysphere is still one of the most breathtaking introductions I've ever seen in a videogame.

What was your favorite part of BioShock?

(Take the Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/57])

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Favourite part of the game for me was actually the opening act, as you try and find out what on Rapture was going on, lol

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
My favorite part: Telekinesis.

I pretty much kill one enemy, and then kill the rest with that one guy's body.

And use guns on Big Daddys.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
*Sips his drink waiting for it to open* Can't wait to try it out.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
"CHARLIE! CHARLIE WHERE YA GOIN'!"

Hahahaha laughed my ass off at that part. But my favorite part was the introductory cut scenes. Like you said, one of the most breath taking introductions ever.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Furburt said:
My favourite part of Bioshock was the first boss battle, against the doctor Steinman fellow. It just reinforced the whole insanity of the thing, even if it wasn't a tough battle.

"He's ugly, sooo ugly!"

Quiz isn't working for some reason. Says it doesn't start till 3 (my time, it's 2 now)
Yeah I liked that too. But I also quite liked the entire part where you're cut off from both Andrew Ryan and Atlas. Where you have to work for the "artist" Sander Cohen. That part genuinly scared me with Cohen's insanity but I still loved it.

It was probably my favourite game and I'm really glad I pre-ordered Bioshock 2's collector edition.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
My favourite part? "Go get stepped on by a Big Daddy, would you kindly? ...Huh? I said, would you kindly go get stepped on by a Big Daddy? Not dancing to my tune eh? I got others. Code Yellow"

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Sander Cohen was the best part of Bioshock. He was ruthless, camp, but ruthless

Drundy

Dec 9, 2009
I like that you are a big daddy in the second one,I mean we used to kill big daddys but now you are one of them.I cant wait to play it.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
I loved Steinman too, the whole medical pavilion is pretty creepy. 80%... not bad... not bad.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Woo-hoo! 100%, and only in two tries! First place! Not for long though, i suppose.

Good thing i remember all that useless trivia.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Dang that quiz contains some tough questions. I got 90%, but I cheated on 2 questions. Pretty sure about all of them, no idea which one I've got wrong.

But my favourite part would be the introductory ride in the bathysphere as well. You hear Ryan's motivational speech, and suddenly you rise over a cliff, violins swell and BOOM "I give you...RRRAPTURE!!!" Shivers over my spine every time I see it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
dalek sec said:
We can still earn the badge with more than one try yes?
Yep, doesn't matter how many tries it takes you, just so long as you eventually end up at 100%.

Also, apologies again, but one of the questions gave the incorrect answer. (Thanks to Ren3004 for the heads up.)

It's all fixed now. And if it isn't, that sound you hear will be my head hitting the desk repeatedly.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
dalek sec said:
We can still earn the badge with more than one try yes?
Yep, doesn't matter how many tries it takes you, just so long as you eventually end up at 100%.

Also, apologies again, but one of the questions gave the incorrect answer. (Thanks to Ren3004 for the heads up.)

It's all fixed now. And if it isn't, that sound you hear will be my head hitting the desk repeatedly.
I was wondering why I kept failing...The question was rigged, I tell you!

And those music questions were brutal.