Aliens vs. Predator Bonus Maps Coming to Everyone

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Aliens vs. Predator Bonus Maps Coming to Everyone

Rebellion says that the launch day DLC maps included with the Aliens vs. Predator [http://www.sega.com/games/aliens-vs-predator/] Special Edition will be released to everyone soon after the game comes out.

Along with the regular version, the new Aliens vs. Predator game from Hunter special edition [http://www.rebellion.co.uk/], which will include among other loot a fully-articulated model of a facehugger. That should be good enough for just about everyone, but as an extra bonus the package will also come with four "day one DLC" multiplayer maps. Don't worry about missing out if you're not willing to spring for the admittedly pricey special edition, though: The maps will be given to everyone soon after the game launches.

"Downloadable content on day one for those who purchase the Special Editions will consist of four brand new multiplayer maps: Two new Survivor maps and two for the other multiplayer modes," said Tim Jones, the head of art and design at Rebellion. "That will become available to everybody else soon after release." Post-launch DLC is also planned, he added, advising gamers to "watch this space" for updates.

Jones said that gamers are preordering the Aliens vs. Predator special editions in large numbers, which he attributed at least in part to the fact that it's been so long since the last AvP game. "There are swathes of people that have waited a very long time for this game and there's no question they'll want something to remember it by," he said. "The special editions provide that something special. And I think the pre-order numbers we're seeing demonstrate just how eager people are to get their hands on this game."

Aliens vs. Predator comes out on February 16 in North America and February 19 in Europe for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/10/avp-special-edition-dlc-available-to-all-soon-after-release/]

Xersues

DRM-free or give me death!
Dec 11, 2009
Nice! I was wondering about that. I canceled my PS3 pre-order hunter edition for the cheaper and easier to play PC version from steam. I wish the PC had the hunter edition I wanted the facehugger and comic book :(

Good on them for the bonus maps!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I was going to get this, but then Ubisoft swung in with their "Buy Convictions and get Ghost Recon Beta" so now I must go get that instead.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
If they cannot put out a working PS3 demo then I will not pre-order their game

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
AVP was one of the greatest games I remember playing.

Screw humans and predators.

Aliens, friends. Aliens.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Huh... this is actually a pretty classy move on their part.
Not as classy as say... Atari releases the "Enhanced Edition" of The Witcher as a patch for pre-existing fans, but still a decent move.

Retodon8

Jun 25, 2008
Aliens are definitely the superior species. Also, the original Alien was born in a good year. It's too bad the PC version doesn't have the Hunter edition, because FPSs still work best on there, and buying the Xbox 360 version just for the extra stuff is a bit much... :\

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Now the one important question was never answered. FREE DLC on launch, or PAY DLC?
This is what i thought as well. Either we both missed something, or everyone else just takes the free part for granted. I hope it's the first.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
My guess is that it's paid. Why bother spending the extra cash (at least 100$ on Amazon) if it's free DLC. All you'd get is a jacket badge, a 3D postcard, the graphic novel and that facehugger for an extra 40 bucks which people might say is overpriced right there, least the map made it tolerable. My guess is the SE will have maps plus extra goodies, all you regular edition buyers will have to pay

Coranico

Jul 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure Rebellion have said you'll have to pay for it if you don't buy the SE, i think it's the same cost as map packs for most other games ie. 800 MSP or whatever it'll be on PSN.

I can't remember the source but if i do i'll edit it in.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Now the one important question was never answered. FREE DLC on launch, or PAY DLC?
I'm pondering the same. "Don't worry about missing out if you're not willing to spring for the admittedly pricey special edition, though: The maps will be given to everyone soon after the game launches." The word "given" is what makes me say free, but knowing company thought process, it'll cost.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Khell_Sennet said:
This. Although it's porbably going to be Pay DLC

Also, Off topic, could somebody explain to me how probation works? i haven't been put on Probation yet, and i'd like to know hwo it works without actually being put on probation.