New Dragon Age Awakening Trailer Provides Elf Breasts, Walking Trees

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
New Dragon Age Awakening Trailer Provides Elf Breasts, Walking Trees

BioWare is slowly releasing mini-trailers for Awakening, it's upcoming expansion to Dragon Age: Origins, and today's features a pissed off elven lady.

It's surprising that BioWare is ramping up the expansions for The Children [http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Pc/dp/B001IK1BWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278970552&sr=1-1]. In this one, you meet Velanna, a Dalish elf with a bone to pick. She sounds like she's out for revenge and animates a few trees to back up her words.

Of course, she's scantily clad. Why is it always so arid and hot in fantasy settings, but only for females? I mean, that's the only reason that they show so much skin, right?

Right?

Also, BioWare is great at many things. Party-based combat. Convincing characters. But, damn, they sure can't figure out how to adequately animate breasts. With Velanna, it doesn't even look like they tried.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
If that cow thinks a bunch of walking trees are going to stop me, she's in for a nasty surprise main course with a Crushing Prison side dish.

No one fucks with CHARNAME. No one.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
How does the expansion work if

your character is, yano, dead?

EDIT: Sorry for missing out the spoiler tags chaps, I didn't think about it too much after the ME2 thing where they announced

That you could die.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
aaaah Greg... your just so innocent... *cough*

OT: this expansion is looking more and more promising by the minute. I wish more companies would do such full-on expansions like this, (in similar fashion to GTA: Episodes from Liberty City and the Fallout DLC) instead of just 2 new maps and a few new bits of clothing...

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Meh, don't care about that myself, as long as she's more useful than Morrigan in a fray, going to be too much blood spatter and enemies to dispatch, to ogle at the fair ladies...talent.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Evil trees? If only there was some form of Fire based spell my Mage could cast.
Looks like an evil elf that controls trees, wonder how well she burns?

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Hmm... a birthday present for me. Sweet. I am so glad that this is coming out. I loved the origins and this will be a great continuation of that story. Too bad for my friend who
sacrificed himself at the end of Origins

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Woodsey said:
How does the expansion work if your character is, yano, dead?
"Import your character from Dragon Age?: Origins or start anew as a Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais "

From the Steam page for DA:A.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
The Children look, crazy. I should probably beat the game on my mage before the expansion comes out, so I can choose if I want my Rogue or Mage but I just can't be bothered:/

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
Woodsey said:
How does the expansion work if your character is, yano, dead?
"Import your character from Dragon Age?: Origins or start anew as a Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais "

From the Steam page for DA:O-A.
Fixed, otherwise correct. If your Warden from DA:O died, then you cannot play as that particular Warden and you'll have to use the Orlesian Warden. I'm not sure if your save can still be imported to carry the consequences over, however, but that'll probably be confirmed soon.

And yawn @ the new mage. Bit bored of angsty mages in Dragon Age, so hopefully the rogues and warriors will be much more bearable.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
For added realism, Dragon Age (and most other fantasy RPGs) need a mod for rules on the probability of chest colds versus clothing warmth and coverage. Then we'll see who's having a good day, elf biatches!

=)

Dragon-Byte

May 21, 2009
are they legally allowed to DIRECTLY USE Lord of the Rings music?

not even a copy, or remix, THE SAME!!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
coldalarm said:
Fixed, otherwise correct.
Yeah, my bad. Origins was in small type and I glossed over it on the big splash screen thing. I prefer how Dragon Age: Awakening sounds to Dragon Age: Origins (The?) Awakening. Just sounds more smooth to me.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Why is it surprising exactly? Games are a medium that Bioware uses to make money, DLC is a way to do so. Strike while the iron is hot appears tobe the idea.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Do levels mean anything yet?

I stopped playing DA:O the moment I realized that leveling up meant absolutely NOTHING.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
One of the few expansions I'm waiting for.
Best game I've play in a very long time.
The wait is killing me...I need...MOAR!

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Also, BioWare is great at many things. Party-based combat. Convincing characters. But, damn, they sure can't figure out how to adequately animate breasts. With Velanna, it doesn't even look like they tried.
That's uh, because they didn't, I guess. Well, I guess not all games can deliver both a staggering amount of backstory and bouncing tits. It's nothing I haven't seen before, though. I have Lelinana or Morrigan wear those Chasind robes Velanna wears in the trailer.