Microsoft X10: Alan Wake, Fable 3, Halo Reach Release Information

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Microsoft X10: Alan Wake, Fable 3, Halo Reach Release Information

Microsoft is hosting a convention in San Francisco right now called X10 and predictably has announced a lot of news about its upcoming games.

The first "X" Event to be held since X 06 in Barcelona, Spain, Microsoft is currently feting the game journalists of the world in San Franscisco and showing off it's 2010 lineup. The event is happening right now but here are some of the highlights so far.

On the front burner is the release dates for one game that we've known about for a quite a while; Lost [http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279052013&sr=1-1] by telling the story of a novelist whose latest work appears to be coming to life.

The Halo: ODST [http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968624&sr=1-1]. There was no date given on when the game itself would be released.

Fable 3 wasn't dated but it was said to be out "this holiday." So is Natal. Hmmm...

The Game Room [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97325-Arcades-Go-Virtual-With-Microsofts-Game-Room], as well as XBLA games Perfect Dark and Scrap Metal are definitely coming this March during the Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party, whatever that is. Apparently it's just a string of releases on XBLA, starting with Toy Soldiers on March 3.

Other games: Lost Planet 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Rising-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002EE5ROO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279574404&sr=1-1] was also dated as coming out in both N.A. and Europe on May 18.

Whew. That was a lot. Thanks, Major.

Source: Major Nelson [http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/02/11/10-things-you-need-to-know-from-x10.aspx]

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
TeragRunner said:
Fable 2 just came out how is 3 coming out this holiday? DELAY I SAY!
Came out October 08, so it's been out like 16 months.
It'll come out like October 2010, thats two years, hardly not long enough.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Damn nice, I will definitely paticipate in the Halo: Reach MP beta.

I might give Alan Wake some attention later on.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
It's about bloody time Alan Wake gets a release date. I couldn't care less about Halo Reach to be honest.

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
llamastorm.games said:
TeragRunner said:
Really it was last long ago? Somehow I thought it was early 2009.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
I demand an explanation of this "Block Party!" I haven't heard anything about this. Can anyone link me some intel?

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
TeragRunner said:
Hasn't Fable 2 been out for 3 years?

I am only renting Fable 3 to see if I want to buy it. Alan Wake and the Halo Multiplayer beta (can someone tell me how to sign up for it?) I am interested in.

EDIT: Nvm, I just learned that it comes to all ODST costumers, but do you need the invitation because when I bought Halo ODST, The reach invitation had no code.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
All we can hope is that Natal makes 360 games casual enough for more people to get on and that Fable, to these noobs, is good enough to make them want to buy real RPG's.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Here's hoping I get a chance to play the Halo: Reach Beta at some point.
Other then that, don't really know much about Alan Wake and I am undecided on Fable 2.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
llamastorm.games said:
TeragRunner said:
Just doesn't feel right, does it?

OH! I'VE GOT IT! This is what is going to piss people off about Fable 3!

Peter is going to announce, "So, while we were working on Fable 2, we were secretly working on Fable 3 the whole time and Fable 2 was just a bunch of scraps."

Or perhaps the big secret is just that Fable 3 is going to suck, and he already knows this is going to piss people off. It's funny either way. I can't wait to see.

In reality, I think his "big announcement" is about it using Natal. Oooooooh! Edgy!

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
I read Gamespot's first look at Fable 3. It sounds like Peter Molyneux was dead on when he said it would upset people, because I hate it already. The last thing I want to do when I play an RPG is spend my whole time farting in front of a bunch of annoying cockney dolls ripped straight from the uncanny valley, but no; apparently Peter thinks this is the real charm of his game.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
TeragRunner said:
llamastorm.games said:
TeragRunner said:
Really it was last long ago? Somehow I thought it was early 2009.
Yeah, this has been messing with me too, but it really has been a sixteen months already. Combine that with the fact that they went right back to doing Fable 3 basically from launch.
Shamanic Rhythm said:
I read Gamespot's first look at Fable 3. It sounds like Peter Molyneux was dead on when he said it would upset people, because I hate it already. The last thing I want to do when I play an RPG is spend my whole time farting in front of a bunch of annoying cockney dolls ripped straight from the uncanny valley, but no; apparently Peter thinks this is the real charm of his game.
Peter is a very strange person. I'd make a joke about his idea of courtship equaling farting and belching at women until it woos one of them, but I don't know if he is in fact single or married.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
I have a feeling that Fable 3 is going to come out in a bundle pack including Natal cause if it is then its good marketing