Rumor: Demon's Souls Sequel Hinted At

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rumor: Demon's Souls Sequel Hinted At

One of the hardest games of 2009, and probably of all time, might get a sequel in 2010.

NeoGAF poster theorizes [http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Souls-Playstation-3/dp/B002AB7TX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279574202&sr=1-1], the most recent Dengeki Games podcast may have revealed that Demon's Souls 2 is scheduled for a Fall 2010 release.

The podcast mentions an "unannounced sequel to a game which came out last year" which is "challenging and extremely hard, with very 'interesting' gameplay systems." In today's videogame market, there aren't very many extremely challenging games, and with the surprise success of PlayStation 3 exclusive Demon's Souls, which is definitely an extremely challenging third-person action-RPG, it seems to fit that mold very well.

There have been "rumblings" from sources at 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177884] on the topic, who say that it wouldn't be far-fetched if Demon's Souls 2 is the game referred to on the Dengeki podcast. While it might seem early for the next title to come out, Demon's Souls was first released in Japan on February 5, 2009, so a Fall 2010 sequel isn't that crazy. It could always get pushed back too, and just be a tentative date. Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games of all time, so I really hope the rumors are true, or if they aren't that we see a sequel someday anyway.

(Via: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177884])

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Korten12 said:
OMG!!!!! PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!
I agree. I love Demon's Souls(when it isn't bending me over and violating me like the worlds strongest man violating a midget) and I would really enjoy a sequel.

How about putting in more armor this time? I'm STILL using my bloody starting leather armor at level 70.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
How bloody hard is a sequel going to be? I look forward to it though

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
The difficulty of Demon's Souls is so grossly exaggerated that after beating it over a weekend I was a bit... confused. The game was only hard in the first 5 hours. After that, it's pretty freaking easy. In fact, I went from 3-1 to the final boss without dying more than three times.

I dunno, maybe I'm just really, really good at games where common sense and a bit of realism is involved but... what the hell.

Also, Demon's Souls 2 would make me incredibly happy. More difficulty, please.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
messy said:
I you die in the second game,you start the entire game over again and Miyazaki personally comes to your house and punches you.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Yay!
On a side note, I didn't think that the game was one of the hardest of all time. I played the Japanese version of the old Megaman games and thought those were harder than Demon's Souls. Maybe it's just because I haven't gotten to New Game+.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
messy said:
I you die in the second game,you start the entire game over again and Miyazaki personally comes to your house and punches you.
Breaks you disk as well, insults your manhood and implies your mother was a prostitute. He then uses your tears to sustain him until the next game over screen before vanishing into the night with a puff of acrid smoke accompanied by the smell of death and failure.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
Demon's Souls isn't the hardest game of all time by a long shot, but I'm glad that there's a market for this type of game. The success of Demon's Souls really opens up the market to games that are ACTUALLY strategic.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
PLEASE let this be true, Demon's Souls was a damn fine game more than worthy of a sequel to up the ante.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Yes because if theres one thing gamers like more than getting slapped with the balls of themselves and 10,00 watching ghosts its going in for a second helping...

This would be a very abd idea. I know nobody who liked DEmonzzz Souls. Then again maybe i don't know that many people willing to come back after the first cock-slap.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
I love Demon's Souls but 2010 seems a tad early. I mean if its good then no complaints here (unless I can't import my character but they probably won't let you) but still 2010 feels pretty quick. The level design was of such quality in the first one I'd hate to see the sequel suffer because it was rushed out the door so people wouldn't forget about the series during development time.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Aargh I haven't even played the first one yet! Pfft, screw waiting for some dumbass European publisher to pick up this game, I'm just going to have it imported from America. Seriously, Demon's Souls has got high ratings from critics across the board; they could certainly do a lot worse than this if they're worried it won't sell.

TO EBAY!! TAN-TAN-TARRAAAA (epic fanfare)

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
This was the game I bought with my ps3 today but I refuse to play it until I've beaten Bioshock 2. I can't wait ti sink into it though.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Andronicus said:
Aargh I haven't even played the first one yet! Pfft, screw waiting for some dumbass European publisher to pick up this game, I'm just going to have it imported from America. Seriously, Demon's Souls has got high ratings from critics across the board; they could certainly do a lot worse than this if they're worried it won't sell.

TO EBAY!! TAN-TAN-TARRAAAA (epic fanfare)
PS3 BluRay disks aren't regionalized?