Korn Records Haze Single

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Korn Records Haze Single

Hard rock group Korn records and original song based on the Haze videogame.

Platinum-selling rock band Korn has written and recorded an original track inspired by Ubisoft's upcoming first-person shooter Haze. The song will be launched to radio and video in November 2007, to coincide with the launch of the Haze videogame. The single, entitled "Haze," will be available for purchase via online music download sites. Korn's band members are well-known for being intense gamers.

Lead singer Jonathan Davis said, "Gaming for me is a religion and Haze is the shit! I had to come up with a track that can hit up that kind of rush I get from the game and I think we really rocked it!"

Christian Salomon, Vice President of Worldwide Licensing at Ubisoft, described the deal as the first in a line of plans to partner with other entertainment formats. "This partnership with Korn is original in the video game industry in that the song will be released and promoted as a full-fledged single, and not just as a download with the video game. It is a testament to the synergy possibilities between music and video games, which often share the same audience."