Facebook Connect has come to The Escapist!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007

Now, when logged out of The Escapist site, you'll see a "Connect with Facebook" button at the top of every page. Clicking this button will sync your Facebook account with your Escapist account and make logging in even easier. If you don't have an account with The Escapist yet, it will create one for you automatically, using information from your Facebook account. Don't worry; you can change your profile details at any time.

Already a member of The Escapist and want to link your profile the same way? Just visit your Edit Profile Details [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/edit] page while logged in and go to the Facebook section.

Tell your friends and let them know how easy it is to become a member of The Escapist!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
So basically this means I can go from Facebook to The Escapist without logging in here first?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
So I just did this, and all it made me realize was how creepy similar my avatar here is to my profile pic on Facebook.

Weird.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Well i would do this but i don't have access to my facebook due to forgetting my password. To add Facebook is taking over world and picking up where myspace stopped

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Thank god i don't have a facebook acount, or the escapist would have found ANOTHER way to waste hours of my life.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Lmao, a website full of nerds being linked to a socail site? LOLOL!1

I kid, I kid, this is actually a clever little innovation. Oh, what will you think of next?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/67975759/awesome_med_2__normal.png

CudaSpawn

Jun 25, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
Well i would do this but i don't have access to my facebook due to forgetting my password. To add Facebook is taking over world and picking up where myspace stopped
helped me out id forgotten my escapist password forever ago and could not be bothered to make a new account... lucky merging the accounts fixed that problem :)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
Thank god i don't have a facebook acount, or the escapist would have found ANOTHER way to waste hours of my life.
I concur.
You may have already swallowed up half the planet, Facebook, but you won't get me!!! *shakes fist*

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
All I can say is - No! You got social site in my Gaming Magazine :(

Bleurgh. Sure, I've got Facebook. And Buzz. Kept off Twitter (So far). Avoided Blogging (too much). Various crappy doodads auto-post to Facebook. I hope to spam everyone enough that they all block me, and I can quit without anyone noticing. It's not worked so far...

Why? Why do this?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Eukaryote said:
God I hate Facebook, if it wasn't the only thing connecting me to non-university friends I'd leave so fast.
I just hate it in general, it's pretty pointless, almost as pointless as twitter.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Great. Another way to bring in more people and potentially poison the forums even more.

Maybe then we'll drive away even more dedicated members.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Who got Facebook in my Escapist?!? Somebody is going to get it!

Seriously, i never thought that these two item would ever come within a hundred feet of each other. Oh well, mind as well let all my non-existent friends on facebook meet the non-existent ones here.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Eukaryote said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Eukaryote said:
God I hate Facebook, if it wasn't the only thing connecting me to non-university friends I'd leave so fast.
I just hate it in general, it's pretty pointless, almost as pointless as twitter.
Well, I use it instead of IM to talk to old friends since none of them have Steam, my preferred IM
I just hate these social networking sites in general, because a new one always comes along and then you have to sign up there because everyone else is on it.

They're mostly a dick waving competition of who's got more friends.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
I feel... soiled. Get it off me! Get it off me!... oh... wait, thats just jam.

Nevermind!!! We're good.