Rumor: Is Harry Potter Boss New Head of DC?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Rumor: Is Harry Potter Boss New Head of DC?

Is Harry Potter's old boss, Batman's new boss?

If you're one of the people who pounded their chest in dismay at the news that Marvel had been taken over by Disney, you're probably not going to like this news either. According to sources [http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/02/12/is-harry-potters-barbara-marcus-the-new-publisher-of-dc-comics/], the new Publisher of DC Comics may be Barbara Marcus, former Executive Vice President for Scholastic, Inc and the woman widely crediting with breaking Harry Potter in the US.

It's claimed that Marcus's part in brokering the deal with Warner Brothers for the Harry Potter [http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Years-Giftset-Full-Screen/dp/B002Q4VPLG/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1279571775&sr=1-4] movies brought her into contact with Diane Nelson, now head of the newly formed DC ENtertainment, and the two established a firm and friendly relationship. Some sources are dismissing the rumor [http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/knocking-down-dc-comics-rumors], and DC has not made any comment on the rumor, but with DC Comics 75th birthday happening this month, it would be surprising if something hadn't been announced by then.

While die-hard DC fans may balk at the idea of anything Harry Potter related being associated with their favorite superheroes, someone with Marcus's experience may be just what's needed to revitalize comic book sales and bring the medium to a new audience.

Source: via io9 [http://io9.com/5471108/is-harry-potter-boss-the-new-president-of-dc-comics]

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Well, if she can get more people to read Watchmen, I shall be satisfied.

I'm still pissed of at the idiots on the row in front of me in the cinema complaining about how the film was boring. It's fucking Watchmen, not Transformers 2!

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I don't see any ill coming from this. She was only the Vice President of the publishing company, not J.K. Rowling.

I doubt there'll be any changes to the books with her in charge.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Sexy Guy said:
Hubilub said:

I'm still pissed of at the idiots on the row in front of me in the cinema complaining about how the film was boring. It's fucking Watchmen, not Transformers 2!
Agreed. Now will you admit that getting tackled by walking garbage trucks called:"dudes" is more exhausting than running down a field?
NEVER! I shall forever stand by my logic!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Hey, she got people to pay attention to Harry Potter, what's keeping her from getting people to look at Batman or Green Lantern?

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Sexy Guy said:
Hubilub said:
Sexy Guy said:
Hubilub said:

Agreed. Now will you admit that getting tackled by walking garbage trucks called:"dudes" is more exhausting than running down a field?
Than will you at least accept this present which totally isnt fake and totally doesnt contain several tons of C4 that will activate the moment the lid is removed?
Of course I will take it!

*gives present to Logan*

Hey Logan, Sexy Guy bought you a present.

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
Yeah wait, we're going to have problems with someone who is intelligent and capable in the realm of making deals and getting publicity out to the necessary avenues for maximum exposure? Unless you have some specific information regarding her business style and management practices, I'm not going to get worked up over a tenuous association with Harry Potter, especially if that association is that she helped make the creator obscenely wealthy!

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
The Great JT said:
Hey, she got people to pay attention to Harry Potter, what's keeping her from getting people to look at Batman or Green Lantern?
How did she get people to pay attention to Harry Potter?

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Sexy Guy said:
Hubilub said:
Sexy Guy said:
Hubilub said:
Sexy Guy said:
Hubilub said:

Than will you at least accept this present which totally isnt fake and totally doesnt contain several tons of C4 that will activate the moment the lid is removed?
Of course I will take it!

*gives present to Logan*

Hey Logan, Sexy Guy bought you a present.
"A PRESNT!?"

*Opens presnt and blows up*
Poor Logan, he didn't stand a chance...

I will tell on you!

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Well She can't do any worse a job than Dan I don't have a clue Didio or is that walking smear test still working there too?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Hubilub said:

... Watchmen was a great movie. T2 was complete and utter shit.

headshots all around for those sad excuses for people.

Anyway, on topic, I don't care who heads it. Hell, it could turn superman into an Edward-like dick sucking man baby and I would not mind too much. It would just spell hte end of the company, which I have no stake in.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Hubilub said:
Poor Logan, he didn't stand a chance...

I will tell on you!
Didn't anyone tell you? I'm imaginary bomb-proof. Sorry.
Oh snap! Well, there goes my plan of taking over the Escapist..

I shall have to recruit a bear-cavalry!