420: What are you doing to celebrate it?

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
So, it once again comes to that time of year, April 20th. Stoners of all all walks of life will be partaking in unison across the majority of the western world. I myself went down to the provincial legislature this afternoon to sit and listen to speeches, music and just generally appreciate the culture involved. What are you doing?

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Ah. That explains this then. It's changed.
http://www.nyan.cat/
Keep clicking the lower volume button on the top left till it says OMG, then keep clicking.

OT: Nothing different.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Aris Khandr said:
Nothing. Why are we all celebrating Hitler's birthday?
This. Why are there so many sick people that are celebrating Hitler's birthday today? That's horrible.

Real answer: Because I don't do drugs, nor condone those who do. Why's the Escapist so weed-friendly lately? A few months ago you'd be put on suspension for saying it. Disappointing, honestly.

"Shall I raise the flamesheilds, sir?"
"No need, Sergeant. They are always on."

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fighting against Shao Kahn's invading hoard.
I aint doing so well....

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Well, at one point today a bunch of the people in my theater class broke out into singing happy birthday for Hitler. Other than that nothing really.

edit-

oh, and this:

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Diamondback One said:
Why's the Escapist so weed-friendly lately? A few months ago you'd be put on suspension for saying it. Disappointing, honestly.
Maybe the mods specifically ease up around April 20th. I remember this exact same question showing up last year and it having many more responses which explicitly stated people were getting high. I don't recall anybody getting in trouble.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I played a couple of hours of D&D with my brother and friend.
My first time DMing, and so far, so good. Though my brother is trying to use Knowledge checks to get out of anything and everything.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I did what I did last year: hand out special brownies (the special part is sprinkles. X]). 'cept this year I went on a date. But in very sad news, my oldest cat had to be put down today.

So I'm very mixed about today. Brownies, great. The date, great. Cat I've had for 13 or so years having to be put down, horrible.

seryoga

Aug 15, 2009
Diamondback One said:
Aris Khandr said:
This. Why are there so many sick people that are celebrating Hitler's birthday today? That's horrible.

Real answer: Because I don't do drugs, nor condone those who do. Why's the Escapist so weed-friendly lately? A few months ago you'd be put on suspension for saying it. Disappointing, honestly.

Edit: i meant to put a quote around both sry

So what you hate the fact that people are realizing that they can do what they want with their bodies, including smoke weed? Why but that is illegal if you were to do that you would...get an $80 fine. Its like admitting to a parking ticket fool nobody cares anymore. Also nobody is celebrating Hitlers birthday its a joke that hippies like because their favorite holiday involving "free love and self expression" just so happens to be the birthday of one of the most disgusting human beings in history. But anyways im just gonna chill and watch some re runs of deadliest warrior.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Absolutely fucking nothing. Tried weed a couple times, not really my thing. And the people I know who do make a big deal about 420 (despite not doing anything they wouldn't do anyways) aren't really people I'd enjoy hanging out with anyway.

Telumektar

Jul 7, 2010
Nothing particularly, I don't have any pot with me at this moment. But I just realized of this 4:20 thing this morning as I don't live in the USA and here 420 doesn't stand for anything in particular. I'm more of an occassional stoner anyway, I only smoke with friends and people I know that knows how to handle themselves.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Diamondback One said:
Aris Khandr said:

"Shall I raise the flamesheilds, sir?"
"No need, Sergeant. They are always on."
I don't do drugs, just weed. And who the fuck cares about Hitler anymore? Much, much worse things have happened since.

sivin

May 4, 2009
I celebrated my 122nd birthday and regretted that I can't go back to my home-country of Austria... See what I did there ;)

No, but I became eligible for the draft today... Though I'll never fight in an actual war, or serve in the military (I'll renounce my citizenship first).