Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 5

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 5

It looks like the people of Archet finally get what's coming.

Read Full Article

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
it may be sad, but you handle the drama well with your bitter sweet humor *stares at his shamus young pillow and sighs* yet another great one, and i still have a comic and article to look forward to.

i was thinking about trying LotR online out so i would get some of the references (you do a great job of keeping us up to date but still), but i feel like that would be cheating.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
Alright great article in general, but loved the Monty Python quote at the end
Yeah, gotta admit that caught me too lol

MooseHowl

Dec 20, 2008
Gaaah, normally I just gloss over this kind of stuff with my ample supply of Willing Suspension of Disbelief, but this image of the well from page 3 just jumped out at me and wouldn't stop punching me in the face:

How. Did. She. Reach. That. Handle?! It doesn't even look like Lulzy could reach it with her arms up over her head. If she tried turning the handle she'd have to be a few feet off the ground just to keep it going around in a circle! Or did she just haul the bucket on a rope straight up the well with her exceedingly muscular physique? Her immense, ogrish forearms?!

This will haunt me forever.

Otherwise, very entertaining!

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
Suddenly I realize he's probably grief-stricken because he just lost his dad. Moreover, I seem to be standing on his dad's corpse.
That is one of the best lines ever. I can't stop laughing. Well done! I'm looking forward to the next installment.

lluewhyn

Aug 26, 2008
Hellman said:
Does this game have a massive hard-on for spiders or something? o_O
Spiders and boars. Later, they even lampshade the latter by having a timed boar hunting quest that results in you not finding any boars, as it seems like it's the first area up to that point not to have tons of boars.

Moosehowl- My thought the first time going through this instance was that when you throw the bucket of water, it's a very tiny amount of water that suddenly puts out a huge fire. They should have had you run back several times or something.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
First time commenting on an Escapist... well, anything. I love this to bits, these sorts of quests were hilarious when playing the game. And I hope this continues up until Lulzy gets a pony, because I can only imagine the good jokes to be had.

As always, can't wait until the next one!

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
I really like this series. Will you do any game other than LOTRO? I definitely think you should. Also, what is the release pattern. What I mean is, ZP comes out every Wednesday, what about this?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Almost makes me want to try LOTRO. Almost. Funny as always. But whether its due to the game or to Shamus' writing is hard to tell.

stinkypitz

Jan 7, 2008
Awesome work Shamus, this series is one of my favorites on the escapist. Im curious as to which direction you will go in once you get out of the newbie instance.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Honestly, vicarious MMO playing is much better than real MMO playing, you save time, get the gist of the story and NO GRINDING!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
heyheysg said:
Honestly, vicarious MMO playing is much better than real MMO playing, you save time, get the gist of the story and NO GRINDING!
Champions is turning out to be...*SHOCK* fun least until the nerfs hit everything...then it will be like COX was a year or so after launch...oh sorry we made this game for grinding and PVP not to have fun with....because PVP is serious business....

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/a/4/2a4770708407e0d2f59f97784593bc0f.jpg

sorry fail pic is fail >>

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
This is a good way for me to play LotR online since I have enough MMO's to play at the moment I dont want to add to it, plus Im poor enough as it is

-M