BioWare, LucasArts Announce an Unannounced Project

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare, LucasArts Announce an Unannounced Project

Star Wars [http://www.bioware.com]universe.

LucasArts President Jim Ward said, "LucasArts has a deep commitment to developing compelling stories and characters for the unique medium of interactive entertainment, and we have been searching for a developer that shares this value. We found this in BioWare.Through our previous collaborations, we know that BioWare has an impressive ability to blend gripping stories with technological advancements, and we believe that our upcoming product will deliver an experience that will span the traditional boundaries of video game entertainment."

"BioWare's mission is to deliver the best story and character-driven games in the world, delivering powerful emotional experiences to our fans," said BioWare CEO Ray Muzyka, while Greg Zeschuk, BioWare president, added, "The collaboration with LucasArts allows us to combine our passion for creating high quality and innovative experiences with those of a company dedicated to bringing only the finest games to market."

Reports of BioWare's Austin studio working on a Knights of the Old Republic-based MMOG have been widespread but remain officially unconfirmed. The current Star Wars-based MMOG, recently claimed [http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/]the game had less than 20,000 active players.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
"Announce an Unnanounced Project"
this comment does not exist.

So I guess if they actually want emotion in characters, they'll be using the Source engine?

J.theYellow

Jun 1, 2007
LucasArts managed to cobble together what sounds like a very interesting game engine for its Force Unleashed game.

Who knows what the hell this means. Good job stirring the pot, though.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I've seen the engine demonstrations...I never really expect much of movie-games, even Star Wars, but I have to admit that engine really impressed me, as long as they can accomplish that.
Still, they didn't show much in terms of character facial animation. So far, only Valve has really done that well, which is why I brought up source (sort of sarcastically)