Ace Attorney Investigations Trailer Is Like CSI, But Fun

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ace Attorney Investigations Trailer Is Like CSI, But Fun

Ace Attorney Investigations [http://www.amazon.com/Ace-Attorney-Investigations-Edgeworth-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002BS4834/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279567735&sr=1-1]: It's all the fun of piecing together a crime scene, but with the addition of crazy anime aesthetics (and minus The Who).

Okay, let's get one thing straight: I absolutely loved the Ace Attorney series. The first three games may well be some of my favorite titles of all time, and even if Apollo Justice [http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Justice-Ace-Attorney-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0006TO2HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279567772&sr=1-1] really wasn't up to par, it was entertaining enough in its own right. So, that said, I think it's understandable that I'm psyched to start playing Ace Attorney Investigations, the game that puts you in the shoes of cravat-clad prosecutor Miles Edgeworth.

The launch trailer seen above introduces people to the cast and setting of Investigations. Edgeworth has apparently followed in the footsteps of longtime best-friend-slash-rival Phoenix Wright and traded his trusty sidekick Detective Gumshoe in for a teenage girl with magical powers, but it looks as though the good detective will still be sticking around. Also showing up is returning whip-happy prosecutrix Franziska von Karma, as well as a new character, some Interpol Agent with Wolverine hair named Shi-Long Lang.

Investigations may not have the epic courtroom showdowns of its predecessors, but it looks to replace Phoenix Wright's rampant kleptomania and wild guessing (and supernatural assistance) with actual evidence-collection and logic. So that's either a plus or a minus, depending on what you like about the series.

The game is already out in North America as of yesterday, hits Australia tomorrow and Europe on Friday, so you really don't have any reason not to line up and get it. Unless you're like me and are still moping over the game not bringing back Adrian Andrews, who is clearly the best side character in the series. Really, Capcom, you'll bring back the annoying kid and the crazy old lady, but not Adrian?! My faith in you is wavering.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I've never played any of the other games, but they did look rather interesting...
This is only on DS, right? Well, since I plan on getting a DS, I may as well get this...
Oh, and Edgeworth has something to say:
He speaks! [http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3630663]
And the anime style makes it all the more tempting...
Dammit, now I need to get this game... and that FMA DS game I saw in the shop...
Well, I better say buhbye to my money D:

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I read a review of the Japanese version of this and it could be summed up as "Not bad, but the style isn't as good as the Ace Attorney games."

I'll reserve judgement though. I mean, not being as good as Phoenix Wright doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
I've never played any of the other games, but they did look rather interesting...
This is only on DS, right? Well, since I plan on getting a DS, I may as well get this...
Oh, and Edgeworth has something to say:
He speaks! [http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3630663]
And the anime style makes it all the more tempting...
Dammit, now I need to get this game... and that FMA DS game I saw in the shop...
Well, I better say buhbye to my money D:
Seriously speaking? Ace Attorney was the second game I played on my DS, right after The World Ends With You. I played it for 4 hours straight, getting to the last case but I forgot to play it... I have to finish it fast before the new one comes out ;d

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
I think I'm going to pick this game up this weekend. I was surprised and pleased that it was released yesterday, though--I had neglected to keep checking it, and it just snuck up on me.

Also, this is a given: anytime someone even remotely mentions "Ace" and "Attorney" in the same sentence, someone will use Mr. Dictionary's Objection! Generator. It's a fact of life.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
This is the English Trailer? I have no trouble with reading subtitles (and sometimes prefer it), but when you have to read titles and subtitles at the same time then you fail.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I would post in this thread but I'm busy RAGING THAT MY DS BROKE TWO WEEKS AGO!

I want to play this so bad :(

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
Can't wait for this game. I live in Europe and will be away for the weekend, so I'm trying to stay relatively spoiler-free until next monday.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im really looking forward to play as Miles Edgeworth! Loved his character!

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Probably going to pick this up when I get some money. To do that I'll need to get a ski mask, a gun and a get away driver hairy than Chewbacca.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Loved the first three. avoided apollo like the plague. will be picking it up today. =)

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
WOooooooah I totally preordered this a bagillion years ago and I'm so excited it's finally out. I love telling people that my favorite video game series is a lawyer simulation; their expressions are just HIlarious.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
Watch out with that FMA title. Good games based on anime series and movies are a rare breed.

Wait, Investigations is coming out this Friday? Damn, I need to go treasure hunting.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Which one was Adrian Andrews? Was she the Snackoo-shoveling girl that appeared in a younger form in the 5th case in the 1st game? Or was she the nervous manager in the 3rd game with the kidnapper?

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
Pinstar said:
Which one was Adrian Andrews? Was she the Snackoo-shoveling girl that appeared in a younger form in the 5th case in the 1st game? Or was she the nervous manager in the 3rd game with the kidnapper?
She was the manager from game 2, in the last case, and she returned in game 3 as a manager of a department store.

And I am really looking forward to this game. It's been far too long since the last AA game, spinoff or not. I don't know why everyone hates on Apollo Justice but it was still a good game and Apollo was surprisingly likeable.