Rock Band to Sell Out Quickly, EA Says

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Rock Band to Sell Out Quickly, EA Says

EA's CEO has said demand will outstrip supply for Rock Band.

John Riccitiello, CEO of Electronic Arts, told investors in a second financial quarter call that the hotly anticipated title Rock Band would not get into the hands of all holiday consumers this year.

"We won't be able to put up enough inventory to meet the demand of this fiscal or calendar year," Riccitiello said, though he added the music game competition is "not a sprint."

The bundle package costs $169 and includes the game and guitar accessory.

In comments that appeared aimed more at public relations and advertising than investors, he advised interested buyers to "get in line outside your favorite retailer" on launch day, November 19 and further commented that those late to the party "won't be getting one for Christmas unless you know someone at one of our retailers."

Source: Gamasutra.com [http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16093]

Aquatopia

Nov 2, 2007
When I first read that headline, I could've sworn that the Escapist had switched to a template-based headline generator, and someone had forgotten to fill in the data field:

to Sell Out Quickly

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
Junaid Alam said:
The bundle package costs $169 and includes the game and guitar accessory.
And a drum accessory. And a microphone accessory. And, in the case of the Xbox360 version, a powered 4-port USB hub.

Sep 18, 2007
This game is an absolute POS compared to Guitar Hero 3.. Its going to be a complete bomb IMHO. Anybody who's played it at Best Buy and has experience with Guitar Hero should agree. Anybody that's played Drummania on the Arcade will agree 100% no questions asked. Mattel might as well have made the drumset they include. The ONLY positive thing I can think of with the guitar itself is the strumming is much easier to do fast streams.

Ugh, I took my reserve off the game and put it on deserving games like Tabula Rasa, Mass Effect, and Crysis.

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
I dont know why, i mean its a good idea. But I just feel its gonna bomb. Should of stuck with Guitar Hero