Tabula Rasa Goes Live

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Tabula Rasa Goes Live

Tabula Rasa [http://www.ncsoft.com/], the latest design effort from gaming legend Richard Garriott, is now live.

The game, featuring fast-paced combat in an engrossing science-fiction setting, will bring new innovations to the MMOG field, including allowing players to move between classes without having to create new characters and fluid, dynamic battlefields that will give players the feeling of being caught up in a truly epic ongoing war.

"Now the fun begins!" said Garriott, Executive Producer on Tabula Rasa and better known in the game as General British [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/78255]. "I can't wait to join thousands of other players in this exciting galactic war. It is time for us to release Tabula Rasa to the players. I am eager to see player reaction to the game, and am ready to build on what we've started here. We've got plans for new features and expansions for the foreseeable future and I'm hoping the players will enjoy the game and get excited about what's in store for them next!"

Robert Garriott, CEO of NCsoft's North American arm, added, "We are all very excited about the addition of Tabula Rasa to our catalog of games. One of NCsoft's goals is to provide different types of online gaming products - both within the "proven" fantasy genre and outside the genre, as well. This game is truly unique; we hope that Tabula Rasa's science fiction background and military combat action proves to be enjoyable to many types of gamers."

Tabula Rasa is available in both standard and Limited Collector's editions, and include the first month of online play, after which the game will cost $14.95 per month.

Sep 18, 2007
I'm happy and worried at the same time.

First off, the 2nd, the game was supposed to go live, with all pre-order accounts 3 days being over. There are people 2 days after still playing without purchasing the game. I personally won my game, so I have a legit key, but I didn't think I should or would be able to play after the announced 2nd. I'm wondering how few of this game actually sold, and I don't want this game to die.

Also, the cloning they allow is absolutely ridiculous IMO. Sure, its a good idea on paper, but it is going to absolutely FLOOD the game with high lvl characters.

Oh well, heres to another failed MMO? :(I'll still play you lovely new game that I didn't pay for!