Reliable Source: On the Diablo Diet

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: On the Diablo Diet

Marion learns the value of money. Or doesn?t.

Read Full Article

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I love these articles, they always make me laugh and i don't think the fact that it is 2am and that shiny tinfoil is kinda funny to me at this time of my sleep deprivation has anything to do with it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Tough break.

I recommend ramen noodles when you're broke. Can't go wrong with a 24 cent meal.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I have always been a fan of the poverty weightloss plan myself.

Keep a few thousand extra calories hanging around, then when broke, use the reserves.

skeanthu

Nov 16, 2007
Got fired from my first job (landscape crew) trying to fight off a mother robin who was pecking at me to get away from her nest in the holly tree. The supervisor saw me "just standing there doing nothing with a rake and staring into the sky".

The owner believed him and I was so pissed, but whatever, I went home and fired up my pc and played Diablo.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I usually don't read many of the articles here but I'm glad I did this time (even though I thought it was about Diablo 3), a brilliant article.

Earthmonger

Apple Blossoms
Feb 10, 2009
I miss Godfather's Pizza. And Avante's Pizza Bread. And Hardee's Roast Beef (before the takeover). (That was my first job, by the way, dishwasher at Stake 'N' Shake, East Peoria, IL.)

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I feel sorry for you, mate.
I saved up money for ages and had a non-eventfull time buying Diablo.

And maaaan, it was great!
Me and my friend played it for ages.
Worth every cent and cost almost nothing per hour as we'd spend so many hours on it :)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Tough break.

I recommend ramen noodles when you're broke. Can't go wrong with a 24 cent meal.
Noodles helped me live in Uni!

AgentChunk

Jul 27, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
Tom Goldman said:
This article made me wonder: What's worth more, Diablo or 50 burritos?
Depends on whether or not the Hellfire expansion is included.

Well lets see you only need to eat once every two weeks right? So that would mean 50 burritos could feed you for almost 2 years. You could also ration those burritos out too, so in that case they could last you even longer.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
Marion Cox said:
kinetic troubleshooting
Best kind of troubleshooting. It works surprising well if, instead of used on the offending machine, you use it on a piece of already dead tech and leave its mangled corpse in plain view of what you want to work. It instills fear amongst the survivors.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Liked the article. I was familiar with that level of poverty as a child, as an adult I've always found a way to feed myself pretty well...probably because of my distaste for the lean years I had when I was a wee lad. Although I don't have cable, car insurance, or a job right now so I'm kind of lacking in those aspects.

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
It is unfortunate. We always had computers (about 5 or 6 in pieces) and my dad pieced together ones for quite cheap. Anyway, the day I got Diablo was also the same day we got a 17 inch monitor. it was quite wonderful. I was 13, playing an M rated game, and suddenly becoming addicted to something that would stint my social growth, and leave me without a girlfriend until after high school.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
AgentChunk said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Tom Goldman said:

Well lets see you only need to eat once every two weeks right? So that would mean 50 burritos could feed you for almost 2 years. You could also ration those burritos out too, so in that case they could last you even longer.
Ok, so now we have to consider how long Diabolo will last you for... burritos = 2 years as we've established... whats the maximum (enjoyable) playtime of Diabolo?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Simalacrum said:
AgentChunk said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Tom Goldman said:

Ok, so now we have to consider how long Diabolo will last you for... burritos = 2 years as we've established... whats the maximum (enjoyable) playtime of Diabolo?
Well 50 burritos might last two years, but those two years wouldn't be that enjoyable if you're eating so little. Diablo can provide constant enjoyment while its fun lasts. For constant happiness in life, you'd have to eat three burritos a day. At this eating rate, the burritos would last 16.66 days, or roughly 400 hours we'll say. Can Diablo provide 400 hours of entertainment? I would say no, therefore, the burritos win.