Guitar Hero III Biggest Launch in Activision History

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Guitar Hero III Biggest Launch in Activision History

Activision's [http://www.guitarherogame.com/gh3/] history, selling over $115 million in its first seven days of release.

Guitar Hero III is the first game in the franchise to be released for the Nintendo Wii [http://www.playstation.com]consoles, and is also the only music game to be available on all major platforms. Activision is supporting the game with over 30,000 in-store kiosk displays, a hefty selection of music tracks, competitive price point and an "unprecedented global supply of product."

The new game includes wireless controllers for every platform, online multiplayer options for head-to-head-banging action around the world and a growing complement of downloadable content. The game's soundtrack features performances by groups including Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones and Pearl Jam as well as original tracks by Slash and Tom Morello.

"Guitar Hero III is the game that everyone is talking about," said Activision Chairman and CEO Robert Kotick. "It is the only videogame to make the Toy Wishes' [http://www.toysrus.com/] Hot Dozen 2007, which forecast the most popular holiday gifts for the season. Despite having significantly increased our production capabilities for the holiday, there is still a high likelihood that we will not be able to meet demand for this game on every platform."

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock was released in North America on October 28, and is scheduled to ship in Europe on November 23.

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
It only makes sense. The Guitar Hero franchise is a huge deal right now and it has a tracklist that just about anyone can find something they like in. Also releasing it for two new consoles and having two actual guitar legends (Slash, Morello) doesn't hurt things either. Now if they could just freshen up the formula a bit and get some better multiplayer modes in there, we may have an addictive game that may take over consoles completely.

spider1213695

May 12, 2009
no i mean all the songs ive played it millions of times i just never played all these other songs my friend told me that before i forget was on there but i didnt beleive him is there another guitar hero three or somethin i know world tour came out great songs

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
spider1213695 said:
who cares then get off of it
The quote function is there for a reason.
Please don't necro newsroom threads that are more than a month old, most people don't check the date on the original post. We do care about grammar here as well and it would be appreciated if you could use a spell check in future.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Apocalypse Tank said:
you mean ps3 never had a guitar hero game?!
Nope, 3 was the first one for the console.

spider1213695 said:
thank you but do you have to do special stuff to get before i forget slipknots my favorite band
No it's part of the normal play through. I think it's in the 4th or 5th set list.

Pi_Fighter said:
spider1213695 said:
who cares then get off of it
The quote function is there for a reason.
Please don't necro newsroom threads that are more than a month old, most people don't check the date on the original post. We do care about grammar here as well and it would be appreciated if you could use a spell check in future.
I'm with Pi on this one. Please use proper grammar and spelling here.
PS:Welcome to the escapist