Take The Escapist Dungeons and Dragons Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Take The Escapist Dungeons and Dragons Quiz!

This week marks the anniversary of Dungeon and Dragons creator Gary Gygax's death. In his honor, we've got a pair of D&D-inspired quizzes for you, written by Archon himself. The man knows Dungeons and Dragons like you know your name, so here's hoping you rolled a really high Wisdom stat.

We've got two flavors of quiz for you, Normal and Impossible, depending on whether you're a 4th Edition or Red Box kind of player. (I kid, I kid.)

As always, you can take as long as you like for each quiz, and even retry them if you didn't score 100%, but keep in mind your cumulative time will affect your position on our leaderboards.

May you behold many wonders (but not a beholder) and roll nothing but natural 20s, adventurers!

(Take the Normal quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/60])

(Take the Impossible quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/61])

Woem

May 28, 2009
Phew even the normal quiz was pretty hard. I answered without looking anything up and I got 40% and 30%. You should try another one on 2E and 3E ;)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
20%.

Maybe I should actually play D&D. It's sounds fun, if there is actually an Illusionist class.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Bloody hell, five attempts at the normal quiz for 100%.

And 7 at the impossible.

Those were hard.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
So that's why I've been so obsessed with D&D over the last week (despite never having played it and not having any friends to play it with). Clearly Gygax's spirit has possessed me, it would also explain my current 3rd place standing and 60% score... Though it does raise questions as to why Gygax couldn't get 100% on a quiz about his game.

Way to drop the ball Gary... Just kidding, we're cool.

Seriously though I was kinda shocked to see a D&D quiz pop up because I have honestly, starting around a week ago just been obsessed. I've had an interest in D&D for years now, but I've never had the friends or resources to enjoy it with.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
I know, right? It took me 7 times because I kept forgetting my previous answers ;d

40% or so at Impossible, though.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
God that was hard....I'm just going to stick to my 3.5ed rules and maybe still trickle with 2nd ed.

Damn hard quizes, both of them

Scott2210

Apr 8, 2009
how the hell did i get 10% and then 20% on what was ment to be harder? i feel really bad right now :(... damnit

skeanthu

Nov 16, 2007
"20%.

Maybe I should actually play D&D. It's sounds fun, if there is actually an Illusionist class."

Ditto :eek:) I should have given in and played back in the day instead of running around in the woods on a dirtbike with my Crossman 760 playing Delta Force.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Abedeus said:
Amnestic said:
I know, right? It took me 7 times because I kept forgetting my previous answers ;d

40% or so at Impossible, though.
Did the same thing, answered them all before but then forgot which answers were correct when I went back to fix the wrong ones. Initially I was 60% and 40% on the normal and impossible quizzes respectfully

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I got one right?! How is that even possible? Even random guessing should have gotten me 20-30 percent!

LunarTick

Mar 1, 2010
I just registered to take this quiz. 70% on the normal, 50% on the impossible. Quite hard ones, these. Luckily for me, I read a certain dungeon adventure this saturday. So, one question was really question. (four-handed gargoyles, anyone? :))

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Wow, dude 1st edition questions, really? You realize 2nd edition came out 21 years ago? (Which incidentally is when I started playing)

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Scott2210 said:
how the hell did i get 10% and then 20% on what was ment to be harder? i feel really bad right now :(... damnit
Same here, but it was 20% and then 40%. Um...yay, guessing?

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
So it's official: I blow at D&D.

Can we have a Runequest Quiz or Advanced Heroquest? I rocked at those games!