Preorder Super SF4, Get Snazzy Alternate Costumes

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I refuse, I still want to know what the surprise is for people like me who have the original game. It would be nice if we got those costumes for free since we already beta tested for the real version of SFIV.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
thenumberthirteen said:
Didn't Street Fighter IV come out a while ago?
Yes, but this is SUPER Street Fighter IV. You know how Capcom is with their fighting games.

I keep forgetting that Guile is AFSOC [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Special_Operations_Command], not just your everyday flyboy, so I suppose the tactical vest makes sense. But the prize goes to Dhalsim for the spiffy turban and outfit.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Ohhh super street fighter 4 I was as confused as 13 up there. My personal favorite in fighting games is DoA. I played quite a bit of SF4 at a friends of mine who beat me senseless everytime.

If this is those codes they give away, who cares it will end up on the internet the day the game comes out anyway.. If not then I probably wouldnt buy DLC that was just a costume pack.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Kalezian said:
thenumberthirteen said:

dude, they release practically the same game with twenty names for every numerical version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Street_Fighter_games
Street Fighter IV Now With New Hat!

SteelWolf89

May 20, 2009
this may be coming straight out of left field, but you know what pisses me off?

you know how games used to AUTOMATICALLY come with alternate costumes? why now must we have to BUY said items? so that game makers and console companies can make MORE money off of shit that should have already been in the game when we fucking BOUGHT IT?

DLC is now just getting ridiculous.

if its an entire pack of levels, quests, weapons, costumes, characters, etc. then go for it.
but if its just one or 2 costumes for specific characters that you could have put on the disk in the first place, or just patched into the game after release, you can go fuck yourself with that shit.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I like the Guile one the most. Good thing I didn't purchase the original since I figured Capcom would pull a stunt like this.

Rangergord

Jan 13, 2010
Kalezian said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Kalezian said:
thenumberthirteen said:

dude, they release practically the same game with twenty names for every numerical version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Street_Fighter_games
Street Fighter IV Now With New Hat!
Street Fighter IV Now With New Hat Championship Turbo Gold Edition!
Don't foget to add Hyper World Warriors to the title :) SSF4HWWNHCTGE geezz that be sad, but keep up with Capcom tradition.

There had been aarly rumours that current owners of SFIV may get some sort of bonus...or keep the costumes we paid to unlock and colors we play to unlock. Any conformation on this. or well I got boned?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
SteelWolf89 said:

you know how games used to AUTOMATICALLY come with alternate costumes? why now must we have to BUY said items? so that game makers and console companies can make MORE money off of shit that should have already been in the game when we fucking BOUGHT IT?

if its an entire pack of levels, quests, weapons, costumes, characters, etc. then go for it.
but if its just one or 2 costumes for specific characters that you could have put on the disk in the first place, or just patched into the game after release, you can go fuck yourself with that shit.
So you would rather people who don't have the money for DLC miss out on actual content, rather than miss out on pointless cosmetic stuff?

Good to know.

Dudeakoff

Jul 22, 2009
John Funk said:
SteelWolf89 said:

So you would rather people who don't have the money for DLC miss out on actual content, rather than miss out on pointless cosmetic stuff?

Good to know.
Beat me to it.

Better to have cosmetic tat for sale rather than, say, an extra character.

SteelWolf89

May 20, 2009
no, my point isn't the price of the dlc.

if you can't afford a 1600 ms point card, then you shouldn't be playing the 360 in the first place.

my point is that all of the dlc as of late has been stuff they could have bundled with the game in the first place.

think fallout 3's dlc which they had a disk form for, that was worth the ms points.

but paying for a different colored t-shirt for an in game character you might maybe, possibly, sometimes play as at some point in time that they could have just put on the disk or patched into the game like valve do with team fortress 2 is just ridiculous.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Is the Escapist gonna have another Street Fighter 4 hoedown like last time?
That would be sweet!

Great screenshops as well!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
SteelWolf89 said:
no, my point isn't the price of the dlc.

if you can't afford a 1600 ms point card, then you shouldn't be playing the 360 in the first place.

my point is that all of the dlc as of late has been stuff they could have bundled with the game in the first place.

think fallout 3's dlc which they had a disk form for, that was worth the ms points.

but paying for a different colored t-shirt for an in game character you might maybe, possibly, sometimes play as at some point in time that they could have just put on the disk or patched into the game like valve do with team fortress 2 is just ridiculous.
How do you know?

There comes a point during game development when you have to go "Okay, this is everything that's going to be on the disc when it ships, we can't add anything else" becuase otherwise you'd just keep adding stuff and the game would never come out. After that happens, what do you do with the modelers and game designers? You fire them, move them to new products, or put them to work designing something like extra costumes.

But you missed my point. The content is completely optional. You miss NOTHING by not having it. If someone cares enough to want bonus costumes to buy them, then hey, their money.