The Escapist Snags 1 Million Visitors

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
The Escapist Snags 1 Million Visitors

The Escapist (which you may have heard of) hit the million mark for unique visitors in October.

"This is a proud moment for The Escapist," said Julianne Greer, Executive Editor of The Escapist. "We are really excited to reach such an important milestone in just two years."

Respected industry-wide for over two years as the leader in inventive, insightful features on games and gaming culture, The Escapist's recent redesign and the inclusion of feature content such as Zero Punctuation, daily news and editorials and a revamped, revitalized forum community have propelled the site to among the top-tier gaming destinations.

"It shouldn't come as any surprise that The Escapist is hitting the 1 million visitors per month mark so soon, frankly. It's a must-read publication unlike any other in the category," Hal Halpin, President of the Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA), told dBusiness News [http://triangle.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?newsid=141114&type_news=latest]. "I don't have as much time as I would like to read through all of the media that cover the IE business, but The Escapist is on my short-list; it's insightful, intelligently-written and topical."

The Escapist Publishes weekly features every Tuesday. A new Zero Punctuation can be seen every Wednesday.

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
Congrats Julianne, congrats The Escapist, may many more visiters appear in the near and far future.

ErinHoffman

Sep 6, 2006
Hot damn! Congratulations to everyone on staff! Very cool. I'll admit I missed the old format of the Escapist at first, but I really like the increased focus on the forums, and you guys have created a booming community. Well done!

Balatron

Nov 14, 2007
I can't help it...You lured me in with Zero Punctuation. Now The Escapist is on my daily list of RSS feeds to keep up on. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Skiz0

Nov 14, 2007
It is well deserved!
Congratulations to the team, and all members and visitors for their contribution.

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
The instant gratification from the hilarious episodes of Zero Punctuation followed by the insightful and intelligent articles of the Escapist Staff is a devastating one-two punch! No self-respecting gamer can resist that kind of assault.

Congrats to The Escapist! You guys definitely deserve all the success!

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Congrats, Escapist! I started reading quite soon after launch, though it's only recently that I became a regular reader (and a poster in the forums), and I've always enjoyed the perspectives brought by your writers and articles.

Now onward and upward to the next million!

-- Steve

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
nice, way to go. Let's hope for the sake of zero punctuation it will become better, then.

Cause that is why i joined.

Keep up the good work.

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
Brother None said:
One million a month isn't actually that much, and it certainly isn't top-tier.

Still, congrats and may you keep growing.
how can you be so cynical! yes, many of the most popular sites may get a lot more a month, but who cares, this is The Escapist, and this beautiful website has achieved 1 million visitors!

drunkymonkey

Dec 12, 2006
I have to admit to not being as fond of the magazine as I was before it changed from a magazine format, but it's still one of my favourite game sites.

With the case of Gamernode: I was a reader (and a one-time contributor with a Battlefield 2 review) when it was just starting out. One of the reasons it became to successful was the hosting the Black Mesa Source site, which did wonders for hits, as BMS has a massive following.

And with Gamespot...well, it's years old, and quite sensationalist. That and The Escapist are two completely different sites. This one doesn't give out regular reviews or previews - The Escapist isn't about that, so it's bound to be less popular.