Free Halo 3 Promotion for Original Xbox Owners and Live Subscribers

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Free Halo 3 Promotion for Original Xbox Owners and Live Subscribers

A Microsoft promotion that sounded too good to be true was just that, but there's still a deal to be had for some owners of the original Xbox.

People who own the original Xbox and maintain an Xbox Live account can grab Halo 3 for free if they buy an Xbox 360 and transfer their online subscription to the "Gold" membership level.

The promotion was announced by Microsoft over the weekend, but with a bit of a glitch.

Initially, the website said anyone buying a new Xbox 360 between November 21 and December 21 could get a copy of its best-selling game for free. That promotion was taken offline, and the revised offer was posted several hours later.

There are two other catches with the revised offer: Buyers must be located in North America, and they will receive their free game only by mail around January 18.

Source: Shacknews.com [http://shacknews.com/onearticle.x/49979]

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
gamesavor002 said:
I am truly, in all possible meanings of the word, a tool. Sometimes, I punch myself because I am such a useless human being (or robot, I'm not entirely sure at this point.)
Oh come on, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure Jesus loves you. But, he's probably the only one. Maybe it would be better if you just ended it.