Third Playable Character Confirmed for Mega Man 10

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Third Playable Character Confirmed for Mega Man 10

The rumored third playable character for Mega Man 10 has been revealed, with powerful abilities that might outshine those of Mega Man.

When Mega Man 10 was first announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96675-The-Blue-Bomber-Returns-to-WiiWare-in-Mega-Man-10] back in December 2009, it was known that players would be able to control both the blue bomber himself and second playable character Proto Man. A third was rumored, which has now been revealed as Bass, a Mega Man rival created by Dr. Wily. Though he's appeared in entries from the Mega Man series before, now he's been turned into an 8-bit sprite for the first time.

Bass has seemingly superior abilities to that of the man that is mega. His Bass Buster unloads faster than the pitiful Mega Buster, can fire in seven different directions (including upwards and diagonally), and can even shoot down enemy attacks. Bass can also dash to avoid attacks and has his own mechanical dog, similar to Mega Man's Rush, named Treble that can increase his abilities and allow him to fly around. All in all, he sounds like Mega Man 10 on easy mode.

The new black-orange-grey bomber will be available as DLC for the Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and WiiWare versions of Mega Man 10 all on the same day: April 5. The Bass DLC pack will cost a measly $2.00, converted to whichever kind of pretend points are required for purchase. More DLC is also planned according to Mega Man 10's WiiWare page [http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/0P_C991QIxre7dEueFxMuTvhwv9j4Zh9], including three special stages and an endless attack mode. Mega Man 10 is already available in North America on WiiWare, with PSN and XBLA releases to follow by the end of March.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Too bad it isn't a cameo of axl or zero... oh well I know I will stick with megaman when giving the choice anyway.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
"If you want a better character, pay us money".

Yes, it's a fairly small sum of money, but the message is still the same.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sadly I am one of those fanboys that would love to see an 8-bit Zero. :p

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I suppose $2 isnt too bad for it...Wonder how it will equate in £'s

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Grr. I thought they learned that this whole "pay money for another playable character" thing was a bad idea when they included Proto Man from the get go this time. No Capcom. No. I've got Mega Man and Proto Man, and I'm happy. You will not get my $2.00. Nobody likes Bass anyways.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Hubilub said:
"If you want a better character, pay us money".

Yes, it's a fairly small sum of money, but the message is still the same.
Lots of games are starting to do this. (By lots I mean I've seen 2. But I like the trend. Better than nothing.)

Instead of having cheat codes in the games (which died out long ago I'm sorry to say) you can now buy an easy mode.

I don't mind it at all. If people don't want it they don't need to buy it. This doesn't seem like something that they spent much time on so I'm not going to shit my pants about it.

Now when a game isn't out and you find out 35 levels are in DLC and 5 are in the actual release game. Then I get upset.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry, I was under the impression this was "Mega Man 10", not "Mega Man and Bass 2". When I get a game called "Mega Man 10," I want to play as MEGA MAN!

That and Bass doesn't look that great in glorious 8-bit. He's essentially "Angry Mega Man With A Silly Hat."

DISCLAIMER: I enjoyed Mega Man and Bass, even if some of the robot masters were recycled from Mega Man 8.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Brad Shepard said:
am i the only one who couldent stand Bass after the god terrible megaman 8 cartoon bits?
Take a look at this! [http://www.bobandgeorge.com/archives/010610]

Besides making bad RE references, I do like Dave Ancell's version of 8-bit Bass more than this.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
It always bothers be when they make a character who is all around better than others. to make up for there better abilities they should have some thing about them that is worse. like less life or some such.

Admittedly this isn't like a fighting game or some such, but unbalanced player characters annoy me.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
It always bothers be when they make a character who is all around better than others. to make up for there better abilities they should have some thing about them that is worse. like less life or some such.

Admittedly this isn't like a fighting game or some such, but unbalanced player characters annoy me.
They did this to proto man and it made playing him controller throwing frustrating.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
Yeah, no. Want to include a third playable character, awesome. Expect us to pay for it, go fuck a diseased scorpion with Parkinson's Disease.

This DLC trend just gets worse by the minute. I remember a better time, where a wonderful game called Total Annihilation released new units on a weekly basis for the low low price of $0.00. When they wanted to scrounge up some extra cash, they put out a full expansion pack with a new campaign, a dozen more new units, 100% more multiplayer maps, and a wonderful map-maker so that players could create their own levels. This $5 here, $10 there DLC trend blows. By the time you've spent the $30 a true expansion would have cost, you're lucky if you have enough new content to merit a free patch.

Edit: When are we going to get Roll as a playable character?
The game on its own is TEN DOLLARS! Even with all the DLC options that come with the game (which mind you are just that: options) you probably spend less than $20 on the over-all package. Considering that the game would be $30 if they released it for the DS and/or PSP, that's not a bad deal at all.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
He can't move while shooting, and he can't jump very high on his own. He's balanced, and he does take some getting used to.