Sony Happy With Ratchet PS3 Sales

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Sony Happy With Ratchet PS3 Sales

The performance Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction may not be as historically high as its Playstation 2 prequels, but publisher Sony isn't complaining.

Despite worries that Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction was underselling it's predecessors, Sony has claimed that the 74,500 units sold during the first two weeks were quite satisfactory. Additionally, a first-month comparison chart comprised by 1Up of the sales of each game in the series shows that Tools of Destruction outsold its action-oriented sibling Ratchet: Deadlocked by 19,200 units. Tools of Destruction joins Warhawk and Lair in the list of lead first-party titles on Playstation 3 to have not broken the 100,000 mark during its release month.

A Sony Computer Entertainment America representative told 1Up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164480], "SCEA is very happy with the initial sales numbers of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. In a crowded market of mature content, Ratchet is a fun, sophisticated alternative that truly showcases the power of the PS3. Ratchet is the perfect gift for PlayStation fans of all ages and we expect sales to continue to remain strong."

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
for once, its nice to hear a happy story about how a good happy fun game does ok in a vicious market, without any big fuss, as it seems we hear too much about games breaking first week record sales, and so on.

Go forth you tenacious Duo, and DESTROY politely.

well done Sony, for having the good judgement to see this as an ok thing.

jlaakso

Jul 14, 2006
Ratchet & Clank is the first PS3 exclusive I've truly enjoyed, with no ifs, buts or caveats. Top stuff, and I didn't think I would enjoy it. I had not played the previous iterations of the game on PS2. Definitely get this if you have a PS3.