Revenge of the Fallen Proves a hit at the Razzies

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Revenge of the Fallen Proves a hit at the Razzies

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [http://www.amazon.com/Scribblenauts-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002B1TDV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279053101&sr=1-1] has been 'honored' at the Golden Raspberry awards.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, and the Golden Raspberry awards - or the Razzies - are the reaction to the Academy Awards, awarded to the worst movies of the year, rather than the best.

This year's big winner ? Why, none other than Michael Bay's $200 million tour de force, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The movie and its cast and crew were nominated for seven awards, and picked up three of them - Worst Picture, Worst Director and Worst Screenplay - but were beaten in the Worst Actress, Worst Supporting Actress, Worst Screen Couple and Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel categories by other worthy candidates.

Also honored at the awards were Eddie Murphy and Paris Hilton for Worst Actor and Actress of the Decade, respectively, and Battlefield Earth, John Travolta's adaptation of the Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's 1983 novel, as the Worst Picture of the Decade.

The full list of 'winners' can be seen here [http://www.razzies.com/history/09winners.asp].

Source: Rotten Tomatoes [http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/all_about_steve/news/1868853/razzie_awards_winners_announced]

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Agreed.

That film was utter shite.

I agree with all the nominations especially Worst Actress, Megan Fox is a rubbish actor.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
oddly enough I thought Megan Fox did pretty good in revenge of the fallen, much better then she did in the original, altho the rest of the cast were crap

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Ha Ha, despite only recently discovering the razzies, but i utterly adore the concept.

Anyway, i'm sure this victory will make at least a few well known internet cirtics happy.

Anyway, i have to check out what beat transformers.

*Goes to check link*

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
/agree

That movie made me hate life. It made the first transformers look good. It made GI JOE look like Citizen Kane.

Do NOT see that movie unless you are so utterly stoned out of your mind you don't know the difference between a screen and looking out a window.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I haven't seen it, because I think it's wrong that people like Michael Bay can make money off stupidity. The only people who should get a cent for that movie (and the previous one) are the guys who did the CGI, because they're the only ones who did any work!.

[sub]This movie makes $835,274,255 but Fear and Loathing is Las Vegas only makes $10,000,000? Fucking bullshit![/sub]

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I was JUST thinking to myself that I should see this at some point. And here it is being nominated for a Razzie? Goodness. Maybe I should watch it under the influence, if at all.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
People are so fucking stupid.

Seriously? 400 million at the box office?

OT, agreed. That movie was shit and I hold a grudge against my mother for making me go see it.

And Battlefield Earth would be my worst of the decade as well.

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
I refuse to see this movie, but I'm quite sure it deserves the title. I think its pathetic that it made so much damn money. It means there's probably going to be more of them....

Oh yeah and I actually have seen Battlefield Earth (when I was younger and stupider). MAN that movie was shit. I'd nominate it for worst movie in history. Along with batman and robin...

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Perfect, but why didn't the first one get a reward like this, I find it much much worse than the second one.

Haberley

Sep 11, 2008
Finally, both Paris Hilton and Battlefield Earth get the recognition they deserve! I pride myself on having seen many bad films from many decades, but I really am hard-pushed to think of one worse than that - truly an acheivement!

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
I actually liked that film, turn your brain off and the action is decent but the plot was to long winded (really you have giant robots smashing each other to pieces plot is pointless)and it focuse to much on the military and not enough on the robots. and how did it get worst film of the year? it's a two (or three if your feeling generous) star film, and with new moon for one out this year I'm sure deserve it more.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
YES! YES! YES!

I hated this movie but a mate of mine loved it. so gonna rub it in his face.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
How did Megan Fox not get worst actress? and to a lesser extent the worse couple?

Glad Bay got the worst director though, the only award he thoroughly deserves