Anime Review: Hell Girl

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Anime Review: Hell Girl

Be careful, lest you be damned to the hell of Anime Series That Don't Go Anywhere!

Read Full Article

The_Shinigamer

Jun 24, 2009
The Pastafarians welcome you into our heaven solely for your comment about macs. Come enjoy the Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
I watched the first four episodes of this show a while back. My first thought was, "Hey, it looks like they might've actually spent some money on the animation," but then I realized that they just recycled the vast majority of the scenes with Ai in them. Oh and some of the stories were just ridiculous.
A little girl decides to send herself to hell because a vet let her dog die? I mean, yeah, it's not like he should go unpunished, but I think damning both of them for all eternity is a bit much. Oh and what about the one where that bully at school beats the one kid to death and his friend gets blamed for it? That made no fucking sense. They didn't even have any evidence that it was the friend's fault! Everyone just decided to blame him because he knew the kid.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The last comment made me giggle, lol.

And also true...when one buys anime it is certainly not for one episode a week XD

I'll prolly pass on the series given the comments here, but, looking at it dosnt seem that much is been missed

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The summary is indeed pretty ridicules.

"Beyond the veil of midnight lies...........a website." Not an unholly demon, not the gates of Hell, but............"a website".

Ooooh, scary you guys.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Actually the first episode was awesome, the rest was meh.

It's like the sixites's batman, once you see one episdoe...You seen them all.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Android2137 said:
Just don't look into the sequels. They get progressively worse.
I'm sadden to say I've heard the same thing from quite a few sources, which is a shame, they really could have done something decent after the first season's ending.

commasplice said:
I watched the first four episodes of this show a while back. My first thought was, "Hey, it looks like they might've actually spent some money on the animation," but then I realized that they just recycled the vast majority of the scenes with Ai in them. Oh and some of the stories were just ridiculous.
A little girl decides to send herself to hell because a vet let her dog die? I mean, yeah, it's not like he should go unpunished, but I think damning both of them for all eternity is a bit much. Oh and what about the one where that bully at school beats the one kid to death and his friend gets blamed for it? That made no fucking sense. They didn't even have any evidence that it was the friend's fault! Everyone just decided to blame him because he knew the kid.
Yeah... I agree that was a very weak episode. Though I somehow thought it was appropriate the the series generally appointed children who don't know any better as the disposable protagonists.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
"Beyond the veil of midnight lies...........a website." Not an unholly demon, not the gates of Hell, but............"a website".
It's one hell of a website, though.

Aaaand now someone's gonna send Ai Enma after me for that joke.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
As for your comments about following seasons, season two is rather similar to season one in that its a lot of stand alone episodes concluding in one proper arc.

Season three is just nonsense and does little to justify its own existence.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I thought it was pretty good until Hajime stumbled in. He and his bratty daughter really didn't add anything to the series, aside from annoyance.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
I got into this, thought it was cool for a while, then quickly noticed that they just do the same crap every episode. Yeah.

EDIT: Ugh, was this necromancy? Please delete if so

Gamer234

Jun 3, 2011
I was rather disappointed in this series as well! Despite reading less than favorable reviews on the series, I decided to give it a shot (probably because of the box art, like everyone else). The standalone episodes quickly became pretty boring and I was eventually found forcing myself to watch the next episode in hopes that it would get better. As the reviewer said, the music did sound pretty excellent with it though. I watched the first season on my laptop using stereo headphones [http://www.klipsch.com/image-one-stereo-headphones] and really enjoyed the show's audio for the most part. I don't think I will be giving the second season a try.