BusinessWeek Ranks Gamevil CEO as Asian Entrepreneur

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
BusinessWeek Ranks Gamevil CEO as Asian Entrepreneur

Gamevil's James Song talks about business in BusinessWeek's "Best Young Entrepreneur in Asia" rankings.

James Song, the 31 year-old Chief Executive Officer of Korean game publisher Gamevil, was selected as one of 25 finalists for BusinessWeek's [http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/11/1115_young_entp/index_01.htm] "Best Young Entrepreneur in Asia." Song holds a Bachelors of Science in electrical engineering from Seoul National University.

In the article, Song talks about his experience as an entrepreneur:
[blockquote]About 10 years ago, the concept of entrepreneurship was just being introduced to Korea. At the time, most people thought that students should study hard, and that after graduation they should go to a company or study more. But I was so indulged with entrepreneurship, and liked the idea of challenging barriers and what seems impossible in society. I thought that games were not just children's play, but could also be a new social interactive media combined with new IT technology of the future. I've learned a lot along the way about how to manage people with more years of work experience than me, as well as the importance of strategic thinking, especially on a global level.[/blockquote]