The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

On this week's edition, Deus Ex 3, talk of a Dragon Age MMOG, and vintage boobies.

Deus Ex 3 Lookin' Purty With New Trailer

In an effort to make upcoming gangster game Mafia 2 feel really authentic, 2K Games has negotiated a deal with Playboy Magazine to include collectible vintage covers and centerfolds from the magazine. According to 2K President Christoph Hartmann, this will add a "unique element of authenticity" to the game. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98943-2K-Games-Signs-Playboy-Deal-for-Mafia-2])

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
HAHA, oh man vintage boobies, "Unique element of authenticity" I can't even believe that.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Mafia 2:
"Ok guys, we need some tits in our game. How do we do it?"
"Well, we strike up a deal with Playboy and have the player collect centrefolds and such from the peroid!"
"Thats BRILLIANT! And we can tell them it's for 'Unique element of authenticity'! God, we're evil"

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
dr.susse said:
I wonder if that means we will get the Marilyn Monroe cover in mafia 2?
That would certainly be chuckle worthy.

I am intrested in seeing what Bioware will do now they see Dragon Age as so successful...hmmm. News of a second one leaking-ish around too. So, gotta wait and see

hathfallen

Nov 7, 2007
"We're going to make an MMO out of it" is fast becoming a cliche but, goddam an MMO set in the DAO world would be pretty cool

oh yeah and something about vintage boobs

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
I'm pretty exited for Deus Ex, but i really hope they don't make a Dragon Age MMO, I was already kinda dissapointed when I heard the weren't making KotOR 3 and I would hate to see them stop making Dragon age games because they made an MMO, plus I think most people will already be happy with ToR not to mention theres already too many MMOs.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I haven't really paid much attention to the news this past week (because of my NEW JOB! *thumbs up*). Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot. Man, I really love these 'week in review' articles though. Helps me stay updated on the important (and not-so-important) stuff I miss each week. Thanks Mr. Westbrook!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
VINTAGE BOOBIES!

No thanks...nudity it was awkward enough in The Saboteur, even if it is just a magazine this time. And just covers.